• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF Spring Game To Feature Block Party & Concert; Game Set For Saturday, April 16

Brad

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,342
  • Content Count:  97,404
  • Days Won:  471

USF ATHLETICS 

GoUSFBulls.com

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

DATE: March 22, 2016

Follow @USFFootball On Twitter

Like USF Football on Facebook

USF Spring Game To Feature Block Party & Concert; 

Game Set For Saturday, April 16

Spring Game Returns to Corbett Field For Third-straight Year

Alumni Game held at halftime/Post-game concert wraps-up the day

TAMPA, MARCH 22, 2016 – The USF Football Spring Game will return to Corbett Stadium on the USF campus for the third-straight year on Saturday, April 16, and this year will feature the addition of a pre-game Bulls Block Party from 2-4 p.m. and a post-game concert on USF Elm Drive.

The annual Spring Game, which has drawn capacity crowds at USF’s soccer stadium the previous two years, will kickoff at 4 p.m. and will be broadcast live on the USF/IMG radio network (820 AM in Tampa). An overflow crowd is expected for the 2016 game and fans are encouraged to bring blankets and utilize seating on the grass-berms surrounding the playing surface.

New this year, the Spring Game will be preceded by the Bulls Block Party on USF Elm Drive, located just outside the stadium between the Selmon Athletics Center and Sycamore Drive. The road will be closed to vehicle traffic for a block party that will include The Herd of Thunder Road Show, food trucks, kids inflatables, interactive games and stations, prizes, a student tailgate and a DJ. Fans may circulate between the block party and the stadium/game throughout the day. 

Fans can cap of the day with live music on USF Elm Drive, as The Daniel Sprouse Band returns by popular demand for a post-game concert. The country music outfit from Plant City has become a poplar attraction in The Bulls Zone during USF home games. 

“The events prior to and following this year’s spring game are designed to allow all USF fans an opportunity to celebrate our team, support our student-athletes, and display their passion and excitement for what is looking to be a great 2016 football season.” Senior Associate Director of Athletics Andrew Goodrich said. “From the women’s clinic, to the street festival, to the alumni game, to the post-game concert, it will be a day of fun and celebrate of our football program.”

Admission to the Spring Game and Bulls Block Party, as well as parking, will be free. A Bulls Club Tailgate for all Bulls Club members and fans that have renewed their 2016 season tickets will be held on the west berm of Corbett Stadium (nearest the Selmon Center). For more information on the Bulls Club Tailgate contact kariclark@usf.edu.

For the second time in the last three years, a USF football alumni flag football game will be played at halftime. 

Gates to Corbett Stadium will open at 2:30 p.m. Fans are encouraged to come early and enjoy the day on campus. Parking will be in the Sycamore Drive lot, Lot 6 outside of the Selmon Athletics Center, Sun Dome lots 22A, D, E and F and surrounding lots on campus.

Fans are encouraged to renew their season tickets at USFBullsTix.com or by calling 1-800-GoBulls prior to the renewal deadline of April 1. The general public will have their first opportunity to purchase new season tickets at the Spring Game on April 16.

Coming off the program’s first bowl appearance in five years, USF returns school season record holders at quarterback, running back and wide receiver and four all-conference selections. The Bulls return 98 percent of rushing, 93 percent of passing and 86 percent of receiving yardage from a record smashing offense that posted school-records of 5,741 yards and 54 offensive touchdowns in 2015. 

While the Bulls averaged 33.6 points and 441 yards of offense per game, the defense ranked in the Top 25 in the nation in interceptions (14th), turnovers gained (24th), and tackles for loss (13th), and in the top 35 of seven statistical categories. The Bulls return five of their top six tacklers (seven of the top 10) and players that accounted for 12 of their 17 interceptions and 16 of 25 turnovers gained.

Follow @USFFootball on twitter for all the latest information concerning the USF Football program.

-  #GoBulls –

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

The country music outfit from Plant City has become a poplar attraction in The Bulls Zone during USF home games.

I think I'm like the only redneck kid from Plant City that grew up hating country music. I have to wish them the best and all, but...#shivers.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Days Won:  3

Does the Spring Game normally get this kind of attention with a Bloc Party and post-game Concert? I never remember anything like this even when it was at RayJay. Me likey though. 

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

2 hours ago, Ionbull said:

Does the Spring Game normally get this kind of attention with a Bloc Party and post-game Concert? I never remember anything like this even when it was at RayJay. Me likey though.

No, I think this is the first time we're approaching things this way. Although I don't dig country music, I definitely respect the approach being taken to attract more folks to our Spring Game.

1 hour ago, Paisa el Toro said:

No, I think this is the first time we're approaching things this way. Although I don't dig country music, I definitely respect the approach being taken to attract more folks to our Spring Game.

Having the game on campus and having these events almost gives a taste as what it would be to have a game on campus. At least gives the students that feel and to get excited about the team. We shall see how it goes but I think it's a great idea by the Department.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  487
  • Content Count:  12,550
  • Days Won:  25

Sounds like fun! A little football and a little southern rock on an April Saturday afternoon...

• Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  21,556
  • Days Won:  41

Sounds cool.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

On 3/22/2016 at 6:20 PM, raptorcj said:

I think I'm like the only redneck kid from Plant City that grew up hating country music. I have to wish them the best and all, but...#shivers.

Current country music is just second rate pop songs. 

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,693
  • Days Won:  45

Going to book a room at the Embassy Suites on campus so I have a place to crash after game. Will get there around 9 or 10am to tailgate. Will be pretty smashed before kickoff so most music will sound good!!

1 hour ago, Bull Dozer said:

Current country music is just second rate pop songs. 

Just harder to find the good stuff. Pop country is taking over but the Chris Stapleton's, Whitey Morgan's and Sturgill Simpson's of the world are still rockin.