Paraguay to Big East?

Brad

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  98,912
  • Days Won:  494

Jordan Heath blog:

Although we had a game today and should have been focused on that, our minds were on the upcoming championship game. Luckily that did not backfire on us. We beat Paraguay 98-37 and we didn't have too many problems.

Link

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  3,475
  • Days Won:  7

What is the point of this tournament? It's a joke!

I love Stan Heath and this team has improved immensely under his guidance, but USF is far from the best college basketball team in the U.S. ... and yet USF is *destroying* these other teams, save for Brazil. It's good practice and hopefully the players have had a great experience, but as a competition this is a waste of time. Or at least it appears to be based on the scores.

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

A few of us have already invited them and some of the other teams there. LOL

BTW, I didn't post that story, but I did post the "translated" game story earlier in the main thread on the Pan Am University Championship.

20100813125121.jpeg

I love Stan Heath and this team has improved immensely under his guidance, but USF is far from the best college basketball team in the U.S. ... and yet USF is *destroying* these other teams, save for Brazil. It's good practice and hopefully the players have had a great experience, but as a competition this is a waste of time. Or at least it appears to be based on the scores.

Now, If we lose to Brazil in the gold medal round tomorrow, I'll know who to BLAME.   ;)

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  76,329
  • Days Won:  439

The games are probably the least important aspect of the whole trip ...

That's true if we lose, but not if we win.  ;D

Coach Heath's post game thoughts were, "We took care of business tonight, we need our rest for a quick turnaround tomorrow. We have a big game against Brazil tomorrow."

Tomorrow is the reason why we are on the trip, it has been our main focus since we were knowledgeable of playing in Brazil. We want the gold and refuse to willingly accept anything less. We play the home team of Brazil once again. Our goal is not to make the same mistakes as last time and end with a win. If we can do that the trip will be a success.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  5,699
  • Days Won:  10

Go get 'em!!!!  Kick butt!!

That's true if we lose, but not if we win.  ;D

Coach Heath's post game thoughts were, "We took care of business tonight, we need our rest for a quick turnaround tomorrow. We have a big game against Brazil tomorrow."

Tomorrow is the reason why we are on the trip, it has been our main focus since we were knowledgeable of playing in Brazil. We want the gold and refuse to willingly accept anything less. We play the home team of Brazil once again. Our goal is not to make the same mistakes as last time and end with a win. If we can do that the trip will be a success.

• Content Count:  3,475
  • Days Won:  7

I get it, it's beneficial to USF. I already acknowledged that, and I'm not saying it's bad that USF is there. Hell, I think it's great. This is like the Rays and Yankees playing a tournament against a couple of single-A teams during spring training. I just don't get why anyone aside from the Yankees and Rays would think such a tournament would be worthwhile as anything other than exhibition.

I get it, it's beneficial to USF. I already acknowledged that, and I'm not saying it's bad that USF is there. Hell, I think it's great. This is like the Rays and Yankees playing a tournament against a couple of single-A teams during spring training. I just don't get why anyone aside from the Yankees and Rays would think such a tournament would be worthwhile as anything other than exhibition.

First of all, Brazil is a very good international team. Just beating them TWICE on their home court is quite a feat.

160610_panam3.jpg

Besides, we aren't just playing for USF. This is for the  :USFflag

If the USF team is fortunate enough to beat Brazil and they are standing on the podium with gold medals around their necks and the US National Anthem is being played, you will understand.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  76,329
  • Days Won:  439

Agree completely ... This is nothing more, in the overall scheme of things, than an extended exhibition season for the team .... but with the turnover we've had, the bonding experience and the 15 extra days of practice are invaluable.

Archived