Bulls down Brazil 64-63

usf97

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,681
  • Days Won:  4

Sounds like it was a nail biter....too bad we can't follow these games on TV. I find it interesting that Shawn Noriega has suddenly become such a big part of the offense.

http://www.gousfbulls.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=36686&SPID=2923&ATCLID=204974928&DB_OEM_ID=7700

It rained all day, and we had the big game versus Brazil on our mind all day. We knew they would be one of our toughest opponents and we knew that all of the "rockstar love" would quickly diminish. But we kept confidence and hope until our mission was complete.

The court was a battle field and the war had started much before the game in everyone's head. Brazil had the favor, and that is a mindset that will uneven the playing field immediately if you let it. Brazil came out with all the momentum and kept it for a long time. By halftime the Bulls had cut the deficit to three points.

Fortunately, if you have will and determination you can change a basketball game. Even when we took the lead, the game was very close. But we did keep the lead all the way to the end. The game ended with a Brazilian player hitting a two point shot which was put on the score board as a three and the game would have gone into overtime, if they had not corrected the scorer's table. Fortunately the Bulls came out with a victory.

Shawn Noriega had the most points with 14 and Augustus Gilchrist next with 12.

"We were very fortunate to win," said Coach Stan Heath after the win. "Give Brazil a lot of credit. They executed and controlled tempo very well. We were up 10 late and let it slip away. And in the last play they hit a shot with their foot on the line that would have tied the game. We don't want to look past our semi-final opponent in Paraguay, but if we win it will set up a terrific final rematch with Brazil."

• Content Count:  17,078
  • Days Won:  19

I've been saying since we signed him that Norie is a scoring machine. I watched him light up Port Charlotte (my lil bro's team) as a junior at North Port. Straight shooter. Looks like he worked hard during the off season.

• Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

Looks like we got into an halfcourt game which will not be the Bulls strong point this season. Noriega did indeed work very hard this offseason to position himself as a guy who will see major minutes this season.

• Content Count:  3,616
  • Days Won:  1

did Noriega work hard this offseason in the gym or on the court or both?

• Content Count:  17,078
  • Days Won:  19

Does it matter where Shaun put the work in? We are seeing the results. That's what's up.

• Content Count:  1,797
  • Days Won:  0

Anyone at all a little concerned that after three games Ron Anderson has not scored in double figures, nor lead the team in rebounding?  Perhaps he is such a team player he doesn't shoot much, but I figured he would get some garbage putbacks and get fouled enough to score 10 points at least once in these games.  Whatever.  I am glad the team is getting to play these games to get a jump start on the season.  Sure wish J. Poland had made it into summer school so he could be there too.

Normal

• Content Count:  3,616
  • Days Won:  1

Does it matter where Shaun put the work in? We are seeing the results. That's what's up.

well technically we havent "seen" them. they could win tourney but we don't no opposing countries talent levels compared to Big East. We will see results once season starts

• Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

Anyone at all a little concerned that after three games Ron Anderson has not scored in double figures, nor lead the team in rebounding?  Perhaps he is such a team player he doesn't shoot much, but I figured he would get some garbage putbacks and get fouled enough to score 10 points at least once in these games.  Whatever.  I am glad the team is getting to play these games to get a jump start on the season.  Sure wish J. Poland had made it into summer school so he could be there too.

Normal

I've notice that about Anderson too. I do wonder if he's been in foul trouble a lot kind of like Ajayi was whenever we played outside the BE where they let you play physical in the paint. None us truly know how the games have been called over there. I doubt it has been fair for the Americans.

• Content Count:  3,681
  • Days Won:  4

Normal

I've notice that about Anderson too. I do wonder if he's been in foul trouble a lot kind of like Ajayi was whenever we played outside the BE where they let you play physical in the paint. None us truly know how the games have been called over there. I doubt it has been fair for the Americans.

FYI, people in Central and South America also consider themselves Americans...I know what you meant but technically everyone we have played have been Americans.

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

To note this was the Brazilian college team, I believe.

I'm not Reading much into it, truthfully, we're probably in for a tough year

Archived