• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Players and the Alma Mater

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,433
  • Days Won:  3

One of the things that has really bothered me is how the players head straight to the tunnel and not face the band to sing our Alma Mater after home games. This might be nit-picking on my part but I believe things like this are what creates TRADITION which is something we lack a lot of. Some teams even have a player lead the band after a big win. How awesome would it have been had BJ conducted the band in his home town last year after the FSU win?

Our Basketball team does it after every home game I don't know why our football team shouldn't.

Imagine this (But with out uniforms and song of course):

Look how packed the stadium still is after the victory just because fans want to stay and sing with their team, Ray Jay is more than empty by the time the band starts to play.

Its just something I'd like for FCSH to do and make the team stay and create some sort of school spirit by doing so.

Well seeing how its the summer might as well make this topic now right?  ;D

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,633

Sounds good to me.

• Content Count:  3,692
  • Days Won:  2

I agree.

• Content Count:  7,201

Our school doesn't promote the alma mater well.  Get with the frats.  Require pledges to stand in the square for hours repeating it.  Get them to make it part of homecoming weekend.  Make some contests up.  Do something, but stick with it for years.  That is how you get it going.

Have some students selected to go on field to lead it at each game with the players.

It takes some work, but it can become a tradition.  For now, people don't even know the words.  

• Content Count:  2,118
  • Days Won:  0

i agree totally!

• Content Count:  7,517
  • Days Won:  10

I mentioned this on the season ticket holder survey.  It should be a tradition for the players to head over to face the band/student section for the Alma Mater immediately after meeting the opponents at midfield after the game.

• Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

Our Basketball team does it after every home game I don't know why our football team shouldn't.

Our women's team does.  Before the middle of last year the men's team did not. It was only after a bunch of us students asked coach Heath if he could do that, and they started doing it after wins.

• Content Count:  3,475
  • Days Won:  7

Who gives a **** about the alma mater? Why do people always whine and cry about this?

Other schools do a lot of things. No doubt there are plenty of schools at which players don't sing the alma mater as well. It doesn't make a difference.

• Content Count:  971
  • Days Won:  0

I thought HOT played the Alma Mater during pre-game.  GB!

• Content Count:  2,433

I thought HOT played the Alma Mater during pre-game.  GB!

They play it pre-game and post game.

Who gives a **** about the alma mater? Why do people always whine and cry about this?

Other schools do a lot of things. No doubt there are plenty of schools at which players don't sing the alma mater as well. It doesn't make a difference.

Yeah seriously, and who gives a crap about the National Anthem too. I mean its just a song right?  ::)

Archived