• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Chris Allen possible transfer to USF

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

From JimComparoni on Twitter

I expect Chris Allen to transfer to South Florida. Izzo spoke with Stan Heath about Allen possibly moving on to USF last month. Amicable.

about 5 hours ago via web

I expect Chris Allen to transfer to South Florida. Izzo spoke with Stan Heath about Allen possibly moving on to USF last month. Amicable.

— Jim Comparoni (@JimComparoni)

August 4, 2010

See related story.

http://detroit.sbnation.com/2010/8/3/1604095/chris-allen-kicked-off-team-michigan-state-tom-izzo

He was a 4-star recruit out HS:

Chris Allen

Rivals Rating 4 Stars

Rivals Rating 5.9 

Rivals150 2007 (33)

2007: Shooting Guards (5)

2007: Georgia Hoops Rankings (4)

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/recruiting/player-Chris-Allen-33326

• Content Count:  247
  • Days Won:  0

This would be great, i remember watching him in the ncaa tourney and being impressed by him.  Im assuming if he gets in to usf that he will sit out a year and then have one year of eligibilty left?

I also assume that to be the case.

• Content Count:  247

This would be great, i remember watching him last season and being impressed by him.  Im assuming if he gets in to usf that he will sit out a year and then have one year of eligibilty left?

• Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

I find this interesting because he would be a senior and we have Poland and Robertson plus I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Heath can sign some talented HS guards for the 2011 class.

This method of trying to build a program through transfers and JC players is the wrong way. Heath has acknowledged that himself. If UCF can get commitments from talented HS kids then I see no reason why USF can not only do the same but SHOULD do better.

Btw if anybody want to see Allen put on a show in the NCAAT they can go on youtube and watch a 10 minute video of him and MSU against Memphis.

• Content Count:  624

This method of trying to build a program through transfers and JC players is the wrong way. Heath has acknowledged that himself. If UCF can get commitments from talented HS kids then I see no reason why USF can not only do the same but SHOULD do better.

I think their facilities might have a LITTLE something to do with it. Have you been to the Sun Dome recently?? It's pathetic.

I think their facilities might have a LITTLE something to do with it. Have you been to the Sun Dome recently?? It's pathetic.

Yes USF is behind in facilities to UCF but the Knights have better facilities then other Big Conference schools as well. USF is a Big East school that should be able sign better talent then a low to mid level CUSA school. If you read what recruits say about USF one of things you will hear is how playing in the Big East is an advantage. USF is on tv or the internet every conference game. UCF may get on TV when they play Memphis or Tulsa. Kids want exposure and there is no debating which of the two schools offer that. Facilities are a must when you are competing with fellow power conference schools but against a lesser program in a lesser league that's not as important AND SHOULDN'T BE the determining factor.

This is not a bashing statement by me, but mere fact that USF has to be able to win recruiting battles against UCF within the state. UF, FSU, and The U are the exception RIGHT NOW at least.

• Content Count:  1,797

Vega:  Do you really think that the guys committed to play at UCF are high level Big East talents?  I don't.  At least Allen is someone that can compete night in and night out in the BE.  I don't want to compete with UCF for recruits.  I want to get BE level recruits.

Heath has to still take chances on guys like Allen because the little bump we had last year is not enough to sway this batch of recruits.  Only longer term success will do that.  I don't like the juco/transfers route any more than you do Vega, but I really do not see how we can get to better high school recruiting until we get to the Dance and create some serious buzz.  Right now, we are a mild one hit wonder.  Give me BE level guys, not skinny 6' 7" kids that will play power forward at UCF.

Normal

Vega:  Do you really think that the guys committed to play at UCF are high level Big East talents?  I don't.  At least Allen is someone that can compete night in and night out in the BE.  I don't want to compete with UCF for recruits.  I want to get BE level recruits.

Heath has to still take chances on guys like Allen because the little bump we had last year is not enough to sway this batch of recruits.  Only longer term success will do that.  I don't like the juco/transfers route any more than you do Vega, but I really do not see how we can get to better high school recruiting until we get to the Dance and create some serious buzz.  Right now, we are a mild one hit wonder.  Give me BE level guys, not skinny 6' 7" kids that will play power forward at UCF.

Normal

6-6 SF Rod Days is a good prospect that USF had interest in. He had some very good offers as well. Heath is recruiting SFs from everywhere but within the state apparently. Days is considered the 4th best prospect in the state by one recruiting site. He could have played else where but chose to stay within the state. Why couldn't that have been USF? PG Shane Larkin is seriously looking at UCF and certainly he can play just about anywhere he wants.

I have said this before but I can't stress how important it is to get the good players from Florida to wear a Bulls jersey. Like you said USF isn't a nationally respected program yet. So why do our coaching staff continue to pursue these blue chip prospects out of state only to strike out time and time again? Guys like Clanton and Days should be representing USF. Larkin if he chooses to stay within state needs to be playing for USF. If this program is ever going to get where we all hope it gets then the state talent has to play for USF.

Btw I am tired of getting the HS talent that we get only to have these guys off the roster a year later. Burwell and Dority are already candidates to join the get out of town express.

Right now hoping to hear soon that Greg Lewis commits to USF. Still in play for Tyler Harris(Maybe he will be the blue chip out of state prospect we get), Mike Taylor is a strong possibility as well. Keep fingers cross.

Archived