• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

FVRBJYEZILUEPRW.20100728202759.jpg

Bulls Move Fall Camp to Vero Beach; Fan Fest Moves to Aug. 22 

Courtesy: USF

Release: 08/02/2010

TAMPA - The University of South Florida football team announced today that a large portion of its preseason training camp schedule will be moved to the Vero Beach Sports Village.  As a result, the annual Fan Fest at Raymond James Stadium will be moved to Sunday, Aug. 22 from 1-4 p.m.

The time at the former spring training home of the Los Angeles Dodgers was made necessary by the extensive Athletics District construction. Due to the construction, USF only has access to their primary practice fields, which are not suited for the wear and tear of 15 practices without any significant breaks for the grass to re-grow.  In previous camps, USF used both their practice fields and the recreation fields adjacent to the Training Center.  With the construction, the team would lose access to 2 ½ of the 4 fields.

The Bulls will relocate to the east coast of Florida from Aug. 8-19.  The venue, formerly known as Dodgertown, will house the entire team of 105 players, as well as coaches and support staff.

"We are extremely proud to host USF at its off campus summer camp at the Vero Beach Sports Village," stated Minor League Baseball President Pat O'Conner. "We've been very impressed with Coach Holtz and his staff and look forward to making their camp experience a successful one."

"With the need to move off campus due to the construction, we felt it was crucial to create the best environment for team building during our first preseason camp," said USF head Coach Skip Holtz. "The Vero Beach Sports Village is the ideal location for our entire program to get away. The setting and amenities will allow our team to limit distractions and focus on preparing in the best way possible for the 2010 season."

The tradition of moving camp off-site is something that Coach Holtz has done as a head coach at both East Carolina and UConn, as well as an assistant with South Carolina and Notre Dame. 

"It can pay tremendous dividends," said Holtz. "The players have a chance to bond, build trust and become a better team without many of the outside pressures of campus life.  I don't know that we will move off campus every year, but it certainly was necessary this year due to the construction."

After the team returns from Florida's east coast, the 2010 USF Football Fan Fest will be held Sunday, Aug. 22 from 1-4 p.m. at Raymond James Stadium.  The event was originally scheduled for Aug. 14.

USF players will be signing autographs, taking pictures with fans, and participating in interactive games throughout the afternoon. Fan Fest is the best time of the year to get autographs from USF players.

Players and coaches will be interviewed on a one hour radio special from 2-3 p.m. that will be available on GoUSFBulls.com.

As USF charges into the inaugural football season under head coach Skip Holtz, potential season ticket holders can take advantage of the Select-a-Seat program at Fan Fest.

Fans interested in purchasing season tickets can come out at 12:30 p.m. on Sunday, Aug. 22 and enter the stadium for a private viewing of available seats. The fan can sit down in the seat, meet with the sales staff and lock in their 2010 tickets on site. 

Fans can head to Gate B at 12:30 p.m. on Aug. 22 and ask for a USF staffer to give you an inside look at Raymond James Stadium. They can also call 1-800-Go-Bulls before Aug. 22 to set up an appointment.

Season tickets can also be purchased online at GoUSFBulls.com or by calling 1-800-GoBulls. Unbeata-Bull tickets start at just $75 for the seven 2010 home games and a Chick-Fil-A Family Plan, which includes four tickets, is just $400. Click here for more information about season ticket packages.

Stay tuned to GoUSFBulls.com for more exciting details about 2010 Fan Fest.

http://www.gousfbulls.com//ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=7700&ATCLID=204971560

Archived