Will the Pre-Season Practices be held in Vero Beach? If not where?

ElJefe

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  24
  • Days Won:  0

Will the Pre-Season Practices be held in Vero Beach?  If not where?

Go bulls.

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Will the Pre-Season Practices be held in Vero Beach?  If not where?

Go bulls.

Still waiting official word on Vero Beach. Recents reports suggest it is a done deal.

thanks, i appreciate it.  i live in vero, and graduated from usf in 94.  having built the former dodgertown website and vb dodgers websites (now defunct bc the dodgers left)... i can tell you the delay is all vero politics.  you seem optimistic, which is good.  i am here to answer any questions regarding vero, the dodgertown facility, local hot spots, great restaurants, and so forth.  feel free to e-mail me pcaldarone71@hormail.com.

thanks, i appreciate it.  i live in vero, and graduated from usf in 94.  having built the former dodgertown website and vb dodgers websites (now defunct bc the dodgers left)... i can tell you the delay is all vero politics.  you seem optimistic, which is good.  i am here to answer any questions regarding vero, the dodgertown facility, local hot spots, great restaurants, and so forth.  feel free to e-mail me pcaldarone71@hormail.com.

Even if USF goes camping in Vero Beach, as expected, there is no guaranty that practices will be open to the public.

I'm not sure how Holtz feels about that. I don't believe Leavitt opened up summer practices to the public when they were held on campus, because he was somewhat paranoid about that.  ;D

• Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

Even if USF goes camping in Vero Beach, as expected, there is no guaranty that practices will be open to the public.

I'm not sure how Holtz feels about that. I don't believe Leavitt opened up summer practices to the publec when they were held on campus, because he was somewhat paranoid about that.  ;D

I would think having them in Vero would make it even more likely Holtz would close them.  I mean he is driving the team across the state to get away from distractions.  I live over here in Melbourne though, so if they are open I'll be shooting out of work to catch them.

I'm not sure how Holtz feels about that. I don't believe Leavitt opened up summer practices to the publec when they were held on campus, because he was somewhat paranoid about that.  ;D

I would think having them in Vero would make it even more likely Holtz would close them.  I mean he is driving the team across the state to get away from distractions.  I live over here in Melbourne though, so if they are open I'll be shooting out of work to catch them.

That would seem to make sense. However, Holtz is more PR savy than CJL and I think he might have one or two pro-forma practices open to the public, at least for a portion of practice time. He won't have anything open when they are running off the playbook.

thanks mama_bull. usf will strengthen it's east coast ties and recruitment by doing so... holding parctice in the area will hopefully increase media coverage of the bulls and ultimately gain respect among the local high schools... much to my dismay, the local paper www.tcpalm.com has had little coverage of the across state bulls in the past.  vero is perhaps the perfect place for the team to come together, bond and have great workout sessions.

Scott Carter USF beat reporter for Tampa Tribune Tweets:

TribuneScott

USF's Fan Day at RJS moving from Aug. 14 to 22nd due to Vero camp.

36 minutes ago via UberTwitter

Also, Bulls will leave for Vero on Sunday; Holtz plans to have camp open to media most of time.

about 1 hour ago via UberTwitter .

http://twitter.com/TribuneScott

Greg Auman USF beat writer for St Pete Times Tweets:

gregauman

USF football will have its first four practices in Tampa, starting Thursday, before heading to Vero Beach on Sunday, coach Skip Holtz said.

about 1 hour ago via Twitter for BlackBerry®

http://twitter.com/gregauman

Archived