• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Sebring DE Bullock commits

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  21,334
  • Days Won:  10

Recruiting: Sebring DE Bullock commits to USF

USF coach Skip Holtz continues to build on his 2011 recruiting class, picking up the Bulls' fifth commitment, from Sebring defensive end/linebacker Zack Bullock.

Bullock, 6-foot-3 and 205 pounds, has played mostly at defensive end at Sebring, but could start his Bulls career as a linebacker until he adds more to his frame.

"I think they're going to try to use me as a hybrid, as a third-down pass-rushing defensive end," said Bullock, who said he committed to Bulls coaches nine days ago, two days after getting a scholarship offer.

Bullock chose the Bulls over offers from Iowa State and Western Kentucky, and he's excited about the chance to play college football in a major conference just 90 minutes from home.

"At all the home games, my family gets to come see me play," he said. "And I love the coaching staff. I really wanted to be there. It's big-time Division I football and you're playing in an NFL stadium."

Bullock was recruited to USF by tight ends coach Larry Scott, a Sebring alum who was on the coaching staff before joining the Bulls staff. Bullock said Scott was a "really big influence" in his interest in USF -- Scott's younger brother, LaVaar, who himself played defensive line at Miami, is Sebring's defensive coordinator.

"Zack is great at disrupting and getting to the quarterback -- and teams run away from him, so with him, we can defend one half of the field," LaVaar Scott said. "Everybody's recruiting him as an outside linebacker, but I think he can eventually get to 6-4, 240. He has the frame to be a good defensive end."

Bullock is another case of USF being ahead of the recruiting curve -- he's yet to be rated by either Scout.com or Rivals.com, and gets a pedestrian grade of 45 from ESPN.com. Bullock is USF's fifth commitment, along with Punta Gorda receiver Alex Mut, Pahokee safety Rontavious Atkins, Stone Mountain (Ga.) running back Willie Davis and Tallahassee safety Chris Garye Jr.

• Content Count:  1,913
  • Days Won:  2

I feel like I've said this before, but wherever did you find this piece of news?

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

I feel like I've said this before, but wherever did you find this piece of news?

At least it wasn't me this time.  ;)

I linked to it in another thread on here yesterday.

http://blogs.tampabay.com/usf/2010/06/recruiting-sebring-de-bullock-commits-to-usf.html#comments

• Content Count:  21,334
  • Days Won:  10

Greg it was from you, I forgot to post your link to your site.  My fault.

• 2 months later...

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Blue Streaks light up Thunder

By ALLEN MOODY

Highlands Today

Published: September 19, 2010

SEBRING - The Sebring Blue Streaks turned a close contest into a runaway, scoring three touchdowns in a span of less than four minutes in the third quarter to pull away from Lake Region and roll to a 28-7 victory over the Thunder on Friday at Firemen's Field.

...One of the best individual matchups of the game was Bullock going against Lake Region tackle Thor Jozwiak. The two are likely to be teammates at South Florida next year, as both have verbally committed to the Bulls.

"It was a challenge, but I like it," Bullock said. "That's going to prepare me for the college level."

http://www2.highlandstoday.com/content/2010/sep/19/lb-blue-streaks-light-up-thunder/

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Incredibly old news

LOL, Hatter, Mama Bull just posted an update about Bullock facing  Jozwiak.  No one posted the commit again.

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

Incredibly old news

LOL, Hatter, Mama Bull just posted an update about Bullock facing  Jozwiak.  No one posted the commit again.

Oh lol my bad

Archived