Big12 (Texas) Raids??

Cow Pie

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

This thread is for the impending Big12 raids of other conferences to get back to 12 teams... ESPN Radio has been a buzz this morning with various scenarios and rumors.

Apparently the Big12 is eying these teams for expansion this year or next because they do not want to have issues with scheduling future conference championship games which would impact their reported TV deal.

(1). Air force

(2). Utah

(3). BYU

(4). Louisville

(5). Cincinnati

(6). Memphis

(7). Arkansas

• Content Count:  509
  • Days Won:  0

This thread is for the impending Big12 raids of other conferences to get back to 12 teams... ESPN Radio has been a buzz this morning with various scenarios and rumors.

Apparently the Big12 is eying these teams for expansion this year or next because they do not want to have issues with scheduling future conference championship games which would impact there reported TV deal.

(1). Air force

(2). Utah

(3). BYU

(4). Louisville

(5). Cincinnati

(6). Memphis

(7). Arkansas

I'm surprised Houston and TCU are not on that list.

• Content Count:  1,757

They are not going to 12 teams

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

This guy has been pretty much the mouth piece for the UT AD through this whole thing and has been the most accurate of anyone covering the expansion process.  This article he posted said expansion is done. 

http://texas.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1094372

Some quotes

"And while this deal will be remembered for holding rivals like Texas, Texas A&M and OU together. It will also be remembered for two TV networks stepping up and paying a premium dollar to ward off expansion - probably for at least another 15 years."

"There will be no conference championship game, and there was an initial thought about moving the Texas-OU game from the State Fair of Texas in October to Cowboys Stadium the first week of December to help make the Big 12-Lite relevant when the SEC, ACC and other leagues are having championship games. But the Texas-OU game will remain in October at the Cotton Bowl for now, sources said."

Dixie i know you hate that the Basketball schools carry the pimp hand in the BE but i think your bias is blinding you when it comes to your outlook on this.  Chip has been spot on and has often broke things that went against major media grain and were indeed spot on.  The Big 12 is done for the foreseeable future and it appears the Big 10 is as well. 

• Content Count:  19,538
  • Days Won:  24

Why not?  What information do you have?

It never made sense to me that they could strike such a sweet TV deal without having a conference championship game.

• Content Count:  1,757

Big 12 commish during the press conference said they are not going to expand and will not have conference championship

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Why not?  What information do you have?

It never made sense to me that they could strike such a sweet TV deal without having a conference championship game.

There's a pretty **** good one in the post before yours......

• Content Count:  19,538
  • Days Won:  24

Big 12 commish during the press conference said they are not going to expand and will not have conference championship

Yeah, because those guys always tell the truth.  ::)

• Content Count:  1,204

I think the Big XII is standing pat.  They would've preferred not losing Nebraska with the B10 instead taking Mizzou, but they are in good shape right now.  Texas is happy and they are the lynch pin. 

The Big Ten isn't going to go beyond 12 at this point. 

I can see the PAC-10 trying to get to 12.

I can see the Big East, if they can agree, adding at least an extra football team and maybe two for all sports.  I guarantee that the football members want at least one more team with two being optimal for a nine game conference schedule.

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

This guy has been pretty much the mouth piece for the UT AD through this whole thing and has been the most accurate of anyone covering the expansion process.  This article he posted said expansion is done. 

http://texas.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1094372

Some quotes

"And while this deal will be remembered for holding rivals like Texas, Texas A&M and OU together. It will also be remembered for two TV networks stepping up and paying a premium dollar to ward off expansion - probably for at least another 15 years."

"There will be no conference championship game, and there was an initial thought about moving the Texas-OU game from the State Fair of Texas in October to Cowboys Stadium the first week of December to help make the Big 12-Lite relevant when the SEC, ACC and other leagues are having championship games. But the Texas-OU game will remain in October at the Cotton Bowl for now, sources said."

Dixie i know you hate that the Basketball schools carry the pimp hand in the BE but i think your bias is blinding you when it comes to your outlook on this.  Chip has been spot on and has often broke things that went against major media grain and were indeed spot on.  The Big 12 is done for the foreseeable future and it appears the Big 10 is as well.   

I guess its done...  :'( I do have a bias and hatred of the BEast basketball teams "iron" grasp on the Big East... I love the Big East and love that the Bulls are in it... I just wish that the Big East would do some house cleaning to make the conference stronger now because sooner or later the Big East will die if things remain the same, which puts USF in jeopardy.

I trust this source... I was just going off of what ESPN Radio 1010am has been reporting that the new Fox TV deal is dead in the water until the Big12 adds a conf. championship game.

I will now crawl back to my man cave and lick my wounds  :drinkup

Archived