• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Alonso's Chickillo names his dandy dozen

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

USF is still in the running for him.

Alonso's Chickillo names his dandy dozen

Posted on Monday, June 14, 2010 at 2:11 p.m.

According to this ESPN report, Alonso senior defensive end Anthony Chickillo -- the No. 4 prospect on the Times Fab 50 -- has narrowed his rather prodigious list of 40 or so suitors down to a more manageable list of 12.

While Chickillo (6-foot-4, 240) still lists Miami as his favorite (no surprise there), the other 11 schools still in the running are Florida, FSU, USF, Alabama, Georgia Tech, LSU, Nebraska, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Tennessee and Virgina Tech.

But it certainly sounds like those 11 have their work cut out for them.

"I would say Miami is my favorite now,'' Chickillo told ESPN.com. "I have the bloodlines with Miami. Coach (Rick) Petri and I are developing a good relationship. But it's not just him. It's all the coaches that I have a good relationship with. Coach Shannon getting the (contract) extension helped a lot, especially with my mom. That was big for him and me.''

-- JOHN C. COTEY

johncotey@gmail.com

http://hometeam.tampabay.com/recruiting/2010/jun/14/alonsos-chickillo-names-his-dandy-dozen/

• Content Count:  143
  • Days Won:  0

As they say, "the grass is always greener."  We'll see five years down the line if UM is best for him.  And yes, he's a Cane.  Duuuuh.

• Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

See Marve, Robert. Things didn't work out so well in Miami for Marve.

Archived