• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Nickell Robey

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

I wonder if Nickell Robey is looking to get out of his LOI to USC, now that they have been hit hard with sanctions by the NCAA. We were in his final three.

A stipulation in the NCAA's ruling allows juniors and seniors to transfer away from the program to a D-1 school without needing to sit out a year. NCAA bylaws also allow new recruits who haven't enrolled to be released from their letter of intent.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/404365-seantrel-henderson-and-9-other-players-who-could-transfer-away-from-usc

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Greg Auman is already on it, in rersponse to a question about possible USC transfers:

Greg:

Do we have any scholarships available? USC juniors and seniors can transfer without penalty and, apparently, other schools can initiate the contact.

I imagine some second team guys on USC are gonna be scattering like flies. Think Skip is working the phones?

Posted by: Bob | June 11, 2010 at 02:38 PM

Bob, it's reasonable to think USF should have a scholarship or two available for incoming transfers. I talked to the high school coach for Frostproof CB Nickell Robey last night, and it's possible he may ask for a release, though no decision has been made.

Posted by: G.A. | June 11, 2010 at 02:58 PM

http://blogs.tampabay.com/usf/2010/06/could-big-east-get-bigger-not-smaller.html#comments

• Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

Nickell Robey would be a huge pickup for USF. Three top ESPNU 150 players in one recruiting season is a very positive sign for our school's future if this is at all any way possible.

• Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

I'll take him. But you also have to consider that he might be thinking about UGA as well.

Archived