• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF to turn over investigators' notes in Leavitt lawsuit

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

im excited to see this.

im excited to see this.

I'm glad you are because Judy and Doug sure aren't happy about it.  I wonder why?

I think this is an important excerpt:

"Any documents USF believes should not be provided because of possible students' rights violations will be reviewed by Silver."

^^ This is why I think USF would not release information. I'm pretty sure everyone was promised that everything will remain completely confidential. I think Judy and Doug are too smart to have made any correspondence that would hurt USF... especially through email.

im excited to see this.

I'm glad you are because Judy and Doug sure aren't happy about it.  I wonder why?

"Any documents USF believes should not be provided because of possible students' rights violations will be reviewed by Silver."

^^ This is why I think USF would not release information. I'm pretty sure everyone was promised that everything will remain completely confidential. I think Judy and Doug are too smart to have made any correspondence that would hurt USF... especially through email.

Again you are grasping at minutia/straws.  To address USF's false claims to rationalize more stonewalling the judge says he will review them and decide whether USF's is just using it as cover.

What I think is going to blowback on USF is they blantantly lied that Doug Woolard does not use email.   

we all know they use email... maybe they just didn't use email to communicate about this situation...

the question is... will we see the entire set of notes or will we see out of context quotes release by camp leavitt?

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

im excited to see this.

If all that was involved was names and protected information of student athletes that would be simple enough to redact those portions.  The objection to producing the documents was broader than just that. 

A lot of smart people say stupid things in email and I am sure Doug and Judy are not immune from that.  Did they say anything about this case?  We'll see.  As for Doug not using email, I thought he had a blackberry on him at least one of the times I saw him but I could be mistaken.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,737
  • Days Won:  425

im excited to see this.

A lot of smart people say stupid things in email and I am sure Doug and Judy are not immune from that.  Did they say anything about this case?  We'll see.  As for Doug not using email, I thought he had a blackberry on him at least one of the times I saw him but I could be mistaken.

I think USF just proved that today by claiming the top administrators of an institution of higher learning do not use email.  I can't believe USF attorneys would think Judge Silver is dumb enough to buy that load of ********.

Honestly, if my memory serves me correctly, a while back over on the Main Board, the Native assclowns were restless about something, wanting DW's email and think it was said he didn't have one .... could be totally misremembering,  :-\.

im excited to see this.

If all that was involved was names and protected information of student athletes that would be simple enough to redact those portions.  The objection to producing the documents was broader than just that. 

On an issue as big as this they probably talked about it over the phone and in person. And email isn't the only means of exchanging electronic information either. They may have some type of IM over their intranet they use or text aas mentioned. IMs are gone unless saved so that could be how they keep in touch.

I am sure those meetings and phone calls (and phone notes) will be the subject of deposition unless done only in the presence of counsel.  I am sure that by the time this is over that every email, text, chat, memo, letter and smoke signal that can be recocred will be.

"[Judge] Silver deferred any ruling on whether the documents are public record." Hmmm. Guess that issues isn't as cut as dried as everyone thought.

He avoided dealing with the issue because he did not have to, or he considered it a red herring.  In litigation the only protection is if the documents were attorney-client privileged or attorney work product.  Being immune from a public records request does not prevent it from being produced in discovery.

im excited to see this.

I think USF just proved that today by claiming the top administrators of an institution of higher learning do not use email.  I can't believe USF attorneys would think Judge Silver is dumb enough to buy that load of ********.

Honestly, if my memory serves me correctly, a while back over on the Main Board, the Native assclowns were restless about something, wanting DW's email and think it was said he didn't have one .... could be totally misremembering,  :-\.

You can choose to believe me or not, but...I have been told by someone that he has in fact received emails from Doug Woolard.

i can bet that AD's of public universities are smart enough to not use their work email if they were going to say something stupid.

• Content Count:  100
  • Days Won:  0

Here's what I don't understand about you. So you have no ties to USF but you're a friend of Leavitt's or something and feel very strongly that he has been wronged, I think everyone can relate to that position - we've all either had friends get screwed in some way or been ****** over ourselves, it happens. But why are you posting here about it? Even if you manage to succeed in convincing every person on this message board that Leavitt is a victim in this, what have you achieved? Is it going to get Leavitt his job back?

And worst of all, your posts are <i>so</i> repetitive and pointless. At least posters like smazza pretend to like USF (note: this is not an endorsement of smazza); you don't even try to create a front of having some reason to be here. So why don't you just go away? You don't offer anything more insightful to the discussion than the trolls (such as smazza) on the opposite side do. Nobody takes you seriously.

I know that just by posting this, I'm probably giving you the response you're really after, but I'd like to give you the benefit of the doubt and at least try to understand. Also, if we can get you to state your goals clearly, perhaps we can all just help you attain it so you no longer have a reason to visit this Web site.

Archived