• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Plans for the 'ville

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  22,705
  • Days Won:  108

If anyone is thinking about going to the Louisville game this year, Allegiant Air has a special going on right now for $49 each way out of St. Pete to Lexington, KY.  They only fly Thursday and Sunday so you would need to make it a 3 night stay.

Just thought I'd put that out there.  They try to charge you for everything, so you need to de-select the assigned seats and priority seating and the charge for bags is round trip ($40).  Tickets for 2 with 1 total bag checked came out to $314.

• Content Count:  17,492
  • Days Won:  13

Thisw is what a buddy of mine said about Alligant Air. I was planning on using them for a trip to Allentown.

"be careful with that airline. I took them once and my flight was canceled. They didnt have another flight out for a week. I ended up having to pay for another ticket through another airline and Alligant refused to refund my money and gave me crdit for a future trip that was never used."

Guest Sunburned

Lexington airport to Papa John's is about 75 miles by horse and buggy or car.   Non-stop Tampa to Louisville on Southwest is the way to go.  Papa John's Stadium is about 2 miles from SDF airport in Louisville.

There's a Holiday Inn, and a Hilton Garden less than a 1/2 mile from the stadium . I believe both have free shuttle service to/from the airport, so unless you are going to do more than go to the game you won't need a rental car and won't have to pay to park at the Pizza Box.

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

Similar deal out of Orlando. I recomend definitely checking in early on-line becuase they always overbook their flights and the late comers get booted.

• Content Count:  6,744
  • Days Won:  17

My clan will be making the drive up from Murfreesboro, TN

Lexington airport to Papa John's is about 75 miles by horse and buggy or car.   Non-stop Tampa to Louisville on Southwest is the way to go.  Papa John's Stadium is about 2 miles from SDF airport in Louisville.

There's a Holiday Inn, and a Hilton Garden less than a 1/2 mile from the stadium . I believe both have free shuttle service to/from the airport, so unless you are going to do more than go to the game you won't need a rental car and won't have to pay to park at the Pizza Box.

Our plans include hitting some distilleries on the Bourbon Trail on Thursday and Friday with a night in Lexington on Thursday.  So using the Lexington airport wasn't a bad choice for us.

Guest Sunburned

Our plans include hitting some distilleries on the Bourbon Trail on Thursday and Friday with a night in Lexington on Thursday.  So using the Lexington airport wasn't a bad choice for us.

You might want to explore some of the Urban Bourbon Trail, but I would advise against piloting a horse and buggy or car when doing so.

Go Bulls!!

You might want to explore some of the Urban Bourbon Trail, but I would advise against piloting a horse and buggy or car when doing so.

Go Bulls!!

Urban Bourbon Trail?  Not heard of that.  The Mrs. isn't a bourbon drinker so we have a DD.  But they only pour 1/2 ounce tastings so it is tough to get hammered.  2 years ago we hit the Woodford Reserve, Makers Mark and Jim Beam distilleries.  Planning on Wild Turkey, Four Roses, Buffalo Trace and maybe a return to Woodford.  Depending on game time, there is a Makers Mark restaurant now in Louisville which we can do for lunch if it is a night game.  We went to a place for dinner called the Bourbon Bistro last time.  Flights of some really nice bourbons along with great food.  We've decided L'ville is one of our can't miss football trips (as long as we stay in the same conference).

• Content Count:  1,037
  • Days Won:  12

Girlfriend lives in Lexington and her sister goes to Louisville. I'll be at the game. Allegiant air is fine... I've flown with them at least ten times and I've never had any problems. Southwest to Lexington also works -- it gives you about an hour drive to Louisville.

If you are a gambler and want to stay a few days, though, check out the Travelocity "last minute deals." You have to wait until about two weeks before you would leave, but I have never had this fail me. I fly into Louisville, and get a hotel for three days with a car for around $300. If there are two people flying it comes out to about $250 a person with taxes. I just got back a few days ago and flew Delta both ways with free Wifi, a new Ford Taurus with ~16 miles on it and an Extended Stay Hotel in Louisville.

Archived