• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Outkicking accomplishments?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Question in Stewart Mandel's column with a question from a purported USF fan "self-reporting." 

I didn't link Mandel's response (he's in favor of playing the game) but the link is below.

I know you are very critical of fans whose opinion of their team out kick the team's accomplishments. I am here to self-report in hopes you will go easy on our school if you ever discover these infractions. I need your help in explaining to my fellow USF fans that an annual game with UCF is good for the program. Skip Holtz's hire has opened the debate since Jim Leavitt was adamantly against it.

-- Shamus, Tampa, Fla.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/stewart_mandel/06/02/preseason-polls/2.html#ixzz0pimmmYpL

• Content Count:  2,567
  • Days Won:  1

This reeks of a UCF'er.

• Content Count:  3,307

I saw this on USF Football's Twitter and wrote back that UCF talk is a trap. If we get involved, we're rivals. If we don't get involved, UCF gets to say whatever they want about us and the media usually goes along with them and doesn't question it.

What I've never understood is why they waste all that energy on us, instead of UF or FSU or Miami. If they want to be like us, shouldn't they be aiming higher? We certainly are.

• Content Count:  9,038

The only thing that reeks of it not being authentic is that no one has named their kid Shamus in 100 years or so, right?

Not only that, but it is misspelled.  It should be Seamus if they are aiming for the original spelling.

• Content Count:  2,558
  • Days Won:  0

UCF just equals one more game I can attend, sign it up and lets start tailgating

flipcup skills need practice...

• Content Count:  1,570

Shouldn't this go under USF/ucf drivel?

Archived