LAME!!!!

thatusfguy

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  88
  • Days Won:  0

OK so the dinning facility being built is not athletics only. Wow USF once again is falling short of the competition. I hope we are not marketing this to recruits, because when they go and see the big boys like FSU, which by the way has an athletics only caf, make us look laughable. And all of you mouth breathers are going to say the same thing about how recruits do not look at that type of thing? You might be right about that but the parents do. They want their child to be made to feel special and that university cares about giving them unique amenities which are for them and their teammates only. Not having some top notch amenities to serve their children makes are school look like less of a program in all sport. Other programs put things like this at the top of their list and after visiting FSU and UF we are fare off from matching the true powerhouses in this state.

Did you know next year that FSU is going to film their practice in 3D and be able have inside player 360 view, how can we compare to that. This is why they land Jeff Lucs of the world. I am just sadden that our school thinks that we are hot poop now since we beat the hands down worst FSU team in like 20 years and won a mediocre bowl game and that usfnatio.com post the dinning hall stuff like it is ground break, no it is just lame.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  12,293

why dont you throw in a page break or new paragraph every once in a while and maybe someone will actually read what you think.

Happy Matt

• Content Count:  1,913
  • Days Won:  2

Do you really think high school kids pick their colleges based on the exclusivity of the campus cafeteria?

Yes, I'm sure it would help in terms of diet and supervision and making sure kids are eating right, but when you find a five-star who says "LSU's breakfast menu options were far and away the best of any cafeteria I've visited," let me know. Does he step back from the table and put an Aramark hat on for the cameras?

I know Leavitt made all kinds of public pleas for it, but there's a new dining facility being built, and you're upset that the rest of the student body has access. Lame?

• Content Count:  5,595
  • Days Won:  3

I think this is pretty awesome, I'm glad I'll be able to eat there in a couple of years.

Glorifying medocirity is what I am getting at. I know you write for the paper and have a good following and I respect your opinion about this but I do have a point about how we present ourselves as an athletic program here at USF. Prospects have a major influence from their parents and these types of features in our program would comfort parents a little about were our university stands the importance athletics.

I am not saying this is bad thing to build a new caf for students but having the retractable doors for athletics is just kind of stupid. Why not just build a new caf for the athletes which has the same features as the new one? I know it might trivial to some people but it is just a trend at USF of sell athletics short of the major collegiate standards.

• Content Count:  1,390

Honestly, I think it will be so empty that the athletes will really have free reign on the place. What students will randomly walk across campus to go eat there? I know I'm not going to unless it is before baseball/basketball games or after I leave the gym.

• Content Count:  12,293

Honestly, I think it will be so empty that the athletes will really have free reign on the place. What students will randomly walk across campus to go eat there? I know I'm not going to unless it is before baseball/basketball games or after I leave the gym.

well 90% of the classes i took at USF were at Cooper Hall, Ferg Hall, or the Mass Comm building which is right near there.

it depends on where your classes are or what major you are in.

and yes greg i love your post.

"thatusfguy" should really not be known as that usf guy with posts like this.

• Content Count:  4,738

OK so the dinning facility being built is not athletics only. Wow USF once again is falling short of the competition. I hope we are not marketing this to recruits, because when they go and see the big boys like FSU, which by the way has an athletics only caf, make us look laughable. And all of you mouth breathers are going to say the same thing about how recruits do not look at that type of thing? You might be right about that but the parents do. They want their child to be made to feel special and that university cares about giving them unique amenities which are for them and their teammates only. Not having some top notch amenities to serve their children makes are school look like less of a program in all sport. Other programs put things like this at the top of their list and after visiting FSU and UF we are fare off from matching the true powerhouses in this state.

Did you know next year that FSU is going to film their practice in 3D and be able have inside player 360 view, how can we compare to that. This is why they land Jeff Lucs of the world. I am just sadden that our school thinks that we are hot poop now since we beat the hands down worst FSU team in like 20 years and won a mediocre bowl game and that usfnatio.com post the dinning hall stuff like it is ground break, no it is just lame.

you have no idea what you are talking about.  FSU's athletic cafeteria is open to anyone. 

You fail. Lame

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

He's not so much That USF guy as he is "That Guy". 

Always remember friends never let friends be That Guy. 

Archived