• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Source: Carlton Mitchell has visited or worked out for seven teams

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

National Football Postâ„¢ - 

Source: Carlton Mitchell has visited or worked out for seven teams

Wide receiver is regarded as a second-round target

Aaron Wilson

April 17, 2010 

University of South Florida junior wide receiver Carlton Mitchell has had private workouts or visits with the Carolina Panthers, Cleveland Browns, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Cincinnati Bengals, Denver Broncos, Pittsburgh Steelers and the San Francisco 49ers, according to a source close to the program with knowledge of the situation.

AP

South Florida wide receiver Carlton Mitchell is regarded as a second-round target for NFL teams.

The Steelers announced that Mitchell visited them on April 8.

At nearly 6-foot-3 and 215 pounds, Mitchell is an interesting draft target for teams in the second round because of his rare size-speed combination and his production in a run-first offense.

He would appear to be a strong fit for one of the New England Patriots' trio of second-round draft picks.

"I'm going to be a complete receiver," Mitchell said at the NFL scouting combine. "I’m a very dedicated player. I feel as though I play the game fast, I play with speed. The other night someone said I’m a full-time player. I’m going to steal that. If the play is going away from me, I’m on the backside, trying

to work on my man, trying to keep him out of the play. I’m working towards being a complete receiver."

Mitchell improved his 40-yard dash time at his campus Pro Day workout, clocking a 4.40 and a 4.42 after running a 4.47 at the NFL scouting combine.

He has also bench pressed 225 pounds 16 times, posting a 36-inch vertical leap and a 10-2 broad jump.

Last season, Mitchell, 21, registered 40 receptions for 706 yards and four touchdowns.

For his career, Mitchell has recorded 105 receptions for 1,648 yards and nine touchdowns.

Mitchell's mother is a cut woman in the corner of boxer Antonio Tarver.

"It's very exciting, I see her and she's smiling, having a good time," Mitchell said. "I love it. She lives to brag about me. I brag about her."

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Source-Carlton-Mitchell-has-visited-or-worked-out-for-seven-teams.html

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,659
  • Days Won:  29

Great News !

• Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

Let's go Steelers!

Him and Mike Wallace would be blazing speed and they could be the top 2 guys if they pan out because they have aging veterans in the 1/2 spots right now (Ward, Randle El)

• Content Count:  100
  • Days Won:  0

I'm excited about Mitchell in the NFL. I think he could end up being really, really good. I thought he made a mistake leaving early, but I guess I'm buying into the hype he's generating. It will be cool to see a good offensive player in the NFL from USF. Kenyatta Jones was pretty good for a season, but nobody knows who the offensive linemen are except for when they are getting called for penalties and then Jones went and got in a bunch of trouble. Andre Hall had a cup of coffee with the Broncos and even scored a touchdown for them on a sweet option play once, but he didn't do anything like what I'm expecting from Mitchell.

• Content Count:  172
  • Days Won:  0

I was at his work out last saturday.  the team he working with was impressed.

• Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

If he had a huge year this year he could have maybe gone in the first round.

Hope he does well in the NFL.

USF is getting the talent with players going in the first round and second round, shame the former coaches never got the most out of it.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,659
  • Days Won:  29

I think he'll be drafted in the 2nd, but for sure today!

Go BULLS !!!

Archived