• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Poland Waiting

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,408
  • Days Won:  5

IS it possible Poland is waiting to see if DoJo decides to come back.  With all the entries it would be a wise move.  Just a thought

• Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

IS it possible Poland is waiting to see if DoJo decides to come back.  With all the entries it would be a wise move.  Just a thought

I don't know. I know Bob Huggins is trying to get back in with him. I read that some of the bearcats' fans believe that Poland will commit to them by next week. Btw if that is true it will deserve a rise of the eyebrow because he and Cincy are not even a match scheme wise or position.

I do know that USF is the best fit for him and that's not being a homer. Only here can he be guaranteed a starter and only here will he get 35 minutes per game at his natural position(SG) and our offense matches up will the strong parts of his skill sets.

I do remember Poland saying w/o a gun to his head that Jones wasn't a factor in him deciding to commit to USF, which he did. Obviously somebody got in his hear making the guy decommit. I'm just scared what the other options are if we can't get Poland.

Btw it will be good when Jay Copeland picks a school so Gardner can go ahead and sign with USF. He isn't taking visits that I know of, so he is just waiting for Copeland imo. His mind has to be made up by now as it appears recruiting is far from his mind. Also there has been no sign that Heath is after other Bigs.

• Content Count:  2,408
  • Days Won:  5

I kmow he said DOJO wasn't a factor but its alot of playing time involved so it has to have some bearing

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

I think he is just taking his time weighing his options. He probably would get a lot more playing time at USF than at WVU or Cincy:

East coach Ron Allen has heard from West Virginia coach Bob Huggins about Jawanza Poland, who played at East.

12:40 PM Apr 19th via web

joannachadwick

East coach Ron Allen has heard from West Virginia coach Bob Huggins about Jawanza Poland, who played at East.

— Joanna Chadwick (@joannachadwick)

April 19, 2010

I'm waiting...

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

This must be the same poster who posted on the voodoo site:

2005catgrad

GoPowercat.com

Post #1166

Re: Jawanza Poland Reply

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by USF_BULL-IT:

What about this?

He did commit earlier this month, but then the next day he said he was opening back up his recruitment. He took a visit to Cincinnati and realized that program is in shambles. Bob Huggins was in town (Wichita) right before he took his visit to Cincinnati and spoke with Poland as well about West Virginia. I'm not sure if there was a scholarship offer there (probably not). Kid took a few days to think it through, then decided that Tampa was the place for him.

Posted on 4/23 8:40 AM | IP: Logged

http://usf.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=1228&tid=133275271&mid=133275271&sid=1074&style=2

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Kid needs to get the papers, sign and fax before all scholarships available to him are gone.  Coaches need to move on with what they are trying to establish with their programs.

Something needs to happen here real soon because Heath is still recruiting. Like I said in another thread, nobody can feel comfortable with Noriega or Burwell as back ups to Poland and Robertson.

On that note, it looks like Dante Holmes will be visiting Tampa very soon.

Holmes trims list to four

As the spring signing period winds down, there are still several quality prospects available. One of them is guard Dante Holmes from St. Frances Academy (Md.).

Holmes informed the NBE Basketball Report that he had cut his list down to St. John’s, Loyola (Md.), South Florida and UAB.

“I’m going to] start taking visits as soon as possible,†Holmes said. “I think my visit to USF is within the next week or two.â€

The scoring guard said that the location of the school doesn’t necessarily matter, but he knows what he is looking for in a destination.

“The campus, mainly, and the type of environment,†Holmes said.

http://www.nbebasketball.com/w3/2010-0424/mid-april-recruiting-notebook/

Archived