• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The Big East Will Not Exist In 2013

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

Yes it will.

Just not in football.

If the 8 schools + ND leave, the 7 remaining can still exist in basketball and other sports. They could dissolve and move to other conferences...but I feel they could add some of the following for another 12, 14, or 16 team conference.

Butler

Dayton

Xavier

Richmond

Delaware

Rhode Island

UMass

That right there is 14 if they took them all. Pick 5 of the best ones and go to 12...or just add 3 for 10...

• Content Count:  809
  • Days Won:  1

Good read.  Comments section was interesting too. 

The Big East is like a wounded lamb surrounded by a pack of wolves.  I amazed that everyone sees it coming and knows the Big East is about to get raided England in the Battle of Britain and the only people who seem unaware are the very people who could save the conference.  Maybe it's best for all schools if the Big East abandoned football.  Almost of all of its members would have an obvious (and better) fit at other conferences, with the sad, unfortunate exception of Cincinnatti (Where do they go?). 

It was great getting into the Big East, but I'm prepared to see USF in a new conference within a couple years. 

• Content Count:  3,648
  • Days Won:  4

All I can say about this article is

snl_really.jpg

The SEC and ACC are expanding with UWV, Louisville and South Florida. I think that is where all credibility is lost. Unless there is some NCAA conference pity rule where if one conference is killed the other conferences HAVE to take the leftover orphans....this will NEVER happen. People need to put the crack pipe down.

• Content Count:  771
  • Days Won:  0

The big east will exist it may be watered down, but it will still exist.  I don't see the acc expanding nor the sec expanding unless they absolutely have to.

Archived