• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Playing in the dome

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

Just got a schedule for this summer for my high school team.  Found out we're doing a team camp at USF which means we get to play at the Sun Dome.  Not the most exciting news, but I'm pretty pumped.

• Content Count:  2,187
  • Days Won:  2

The one shot I've taken at the Dome I've missed. Hope you have better results!  :D

• 1 month later...

**** USF.  Started the camp today, no games in the dome.  Not sure why, I played in an Eckerd camp last year and it was in their gym. 

However, we played 4 games,  first one at the campus rec center, next three at a rec center near king high.  Cool thing was, they had Fitzpatrick and Noriega running the scorers table.  I didn't really say anything until I saw T Fitz leaving and said good luck next season.  I did have on some USF shorts on which i'm assuming they noticed.  Pretty fun though and we got some cool USF shirts.

• Content Count:  1,633

So overall, which did you feel was better?  USF's or Eckerd's?  My son has done Eckerd's every year since we live in St. Pete, but we were wondering about USF's.

So overall, which did you feel was better?  USF's or Eckerd's?  My son has done Eckerd's every year since we live in St. Pete, but we were wondering about USF's.

USF's is a little more fun, for me atleast.  We had a scheduled game at 11 at the rec center, but our coach got the option to move it to the Dome and play at 10:30.  Had a lot of fun playing there, really neat to play on the center court.  Rims weren't very forgiving though.

I think Eckerds is a little more organized.  Every game was in there stadium but USF's was just really cool to be there.  Just about every game had two player's doing the scorers table, yesterday it was T Fitz and Noriega, and today was Famous and Burwell, and I saw Gilchrist doing one table.  There were also two NBA players there(or atleast I think, they were signing autographs and a teamate of mine recognized them).  So, I'm a little more biased, but the USF one was a lot cooler just being around everyone there and finally playing in the dome.

In my second game today I actually saw Gus Gilchrist, he was shooting on one of the courts and did the clock for the other game.  I also went up to Stan Heath and talked to him for a minute, I just introduced myself, and he asked who i plaed for.  Pretty nice guy.

• Content Count:  2,187
  • Days Won:  2

I also went up to Stan Heath and talked to him for a minute, I just introduced myself, and he asked who i plaed for. 

Maybe you'll get a scholarship offer.

Guest nybullsfan

Nice walk down memory lane. I went to the Eckerd summer camp back in 73 or 74, right after it got renamed from Florida Presbyterian. Even got a trophy for making the All-Star team, but probably everyone got one, LOL.

Nice walk down memory lane. I went to the Eckerd summer camp back in 73 or 74, right after it got renamed from Florida Presbyterian. Even got a trophy for making the All-Star team, but probably everyone got one, LOL.

That's pretty neat, we're playing in the Eckerd camp early next month.

Archived