• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

UF Contract??

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

I have found the date of the original articles about the contract: Oct 2, 2002. The original amount was $500,000.00. Does anyone know if tickets allocated to the visiting team are in the/any contract?

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  7,201

There have been about 100 threads dealing with this. To date, no one has been able to provide a definitive number of possible tickets being allocated to USF.  Most estimates, based on season ticket holders at UF, student allocation, and seating capacity, as well as past allocations to visiting schools, seem to indicate that USF will receive between 4000 - 5000 tickets total.  USF has announced they will allocate 1000 for students (which is cool I think).  They will probably provide 500 more to people based on who they are (big donors, admnistration, families of players, etc). 

From that, one is left to deduce that 3500 max tickets will be available for season tix holders.  There are 17,000 or so season ticket buyers totaling about 26k or so tix.  That means that if even 10% of those tix holders wanted to purchase 2 tickets each, they would be gone immediately.

The reality is we took 17k to Tally and that is 5 hours away.  UF is 2 hours away, more than 17k will want tickets.  And while there are typically a surplus of tix availalbe for scalping on game day at UF, it is not a leap of faith to say that demand will probably exceed supply on this one and the tickets will be very expensive - if you can even find them. 

• Content Count:  7,201

Do you think you could track down the UF contract and get us some of the info from there.  Specifically the payout, and the ticket count being made availalbe to USF.  It seems this is an interesting topic that keeps resurfacing on here.

• Content Count:  2,495
  • Days Won:  1

Good grief how many threads do we need about this? 

Mods can we move all these to the "How many tickets are we allocated for the UF game" board? 

There have been about 100 threads dealing with this. To date, no one has been able to provide a definitive number of possible tickets being allocated to USF.  Most estimates, based on season ticket holders at UF, student allocation, and seating capacity, as well as past allocations to visiting schools, seem to indicate that USF will receive between 4000 - 5000 tickets total.  USF has announced they will allocate 1000 for students (which is cool I think).  They will probably provide 500 more to people based on who they are (big donors, admnistration, families of players, etc).   

From that, one is left to deduce that 3500 max tickets will be available for season tix holders.   There are 17,000 or so season ticket buyers totaling about 26k or so tix.   That means that if even 10% of those tix holders wanted to purchase 2 tickets each, they would be gone immediately.

The reality is we took 17k to Tally and that is 5 hours away.  UF is 2 hours away, more than 17k will want tickets.   And while there are typically a surplus of tix availalbe for scalping on game day at UF, it is not a leap of faith to say that demand will probably exceed supply on this one and the tickets will be very expensive - if you can even find them. 

I've seen the other threads. I haven't found any #'s even the 1K for students being put out there. As far as season ticket holders, I think that there are only 6 or 7K of actual ticket holders, not 17K. If we hade 17K ticket holders, we would have at least 34K seaon tickets sold.

• Content Count:  1,913
  • Days Won:  2

You throw the name out in a topic headline like that, I feel compelled to come up with some answers ...

http://blogs.tampabay.com/usf/2010/04/how-many-usf-tickets-for-gators-game.html

glad to help.

• Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

Great info Greg, thanks for the update.

I don't know about how most USF fans feel, but I'd rather buy out of the 2015 game.  I am fairly dissapointed in our AD that we are playing this 2011 game for only $500k (and sounds like less since we have to buy 3,000 tickets). 

If we loose, perhaps getting another shot at UF is worth it.  If USF wins this game, no doubt in my mind I'd pay the buyout.  UF can play us again in Tampa, in a bowl game, or live with being 0-1.  I feel the same way about FSU!

• Content Count:  4,879
  • Days Won:  0

The FSU return game is in Tampa, so we'd want to keep it.

You throw the name out in a topic headline like that, I feel compelled to come up with some answers ...

http://blogs.tampabay.com/usf/2010/04/how-many-usf-tickets-for-gators-game.html

glad to help.

Greg, just to clarify, do we have 24,000 season ticket holders, or 24,000 season tickets sold?

• Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

The FSU return game is in Tampa, so we'd want to keep it.

Good point... Friday and packing for mini-cation so for some strange reason was thinking FSU was a one-n-done.  I think playing UF has some upside, but what are we paying 1-A teams form lower conferences these days?  $500k just seems way to cheap!

Archived