• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Dominique Jones's Dad Speaks

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,307
  • Days Won:  1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  17,490
  • Days Won:  13

he is gone.... no big surprise there

• Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

Sounds like he's already made his decision, eh?

It's a good decision IF he makes the first round. I don't know that he will.

• Content Count:  2,433
  • Days Won:  3

cya later DJ

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Iheard today that he's in the process of getting an agent, for what it's worth.

FWIW I heard 3 months ago from him that he wasnt coming back.

• Content Count:  2,523
  • Days Won:  0

If he was borderline 1st before, having all these underclassmen declare can't be helping his cause.  Amazing how many players the NBA tell they are 1st round picks, yet there are only so many 1st round slots that a number of them end up screwed.  I hope he makes it, but he could really benefit from another year of working on his game.  You can see how as these drafts get closer, reality starts setting in.  JPP was top 10 forever, but now that the draft is getting closer, the hype is being pushed aside for PRODUCTION and he's starting to slip as much as 10-15 places.  Now if that happens to DoJo, he's going to be screwed as there just isn't many roster spots in the NBA.

Then again, I though Mitchell should stay and he is rising like crazy.  Then again, he's got much more of a margin for error than Dojo...

Be interesting to see what he chooses.  Would suck to see him go pro and not make it knowing how huge it would've been to have him back at USF for his senior year where he could've really cemented himself into the fabric of USF basketball legend.  Geez, imagine if he's "done" in the NBA before college basketball even starts.  Talk about going from a feel good story to a heartbreaker...

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,638
  • Days Won:  424

FWIW I heard 3 months ago from him that he wasnt coming back.

Want_A_Cookie.jpg

If he was borderline 1st before, having all these underclassmen declare can't be helping his cause.  Amazing how many players the NBA tell they are 1st round picks, yet there are only so many 1st round slots that a number of them end up screwed.  I hope he makes it, but he could really benefit from another year of working on his game.  You can see how as these drafts get closer, reality starts setting in.  JPP was top 10 forever, but now that the draft is getting closer, the hype is being pushed aside for PRODUCTION and he's starting to slip as much as 10-15 places.  Now if that happens to DoJo, he's going to be screwed as there just isn't many roster spots in the NBA.

Then again, I though Mitchell should stay and he is rising like crazy.  Then again, he's got much more of a margin for error than Dojo...

Be interesting to see what he chooses.  Would suck to see him go pro and not make it knowing how huge it would've been to have him back at USF for his senior year where he could've really cemented himself into the fabric of USF basketball legend.  Geez, imagine if he's "done" in the NBA before college basketball even starts.  Talk about going from a feel good story to a heartbreaker...

He made his bed.... whatever happens happens...... He was a good player that lead us to the NIT one year.

Guest Scherdin

What surprises me is that he still has a month to pull this name out...with the number of underclassmen that just announced yesterday (heck the Kentucky team just declared) you would think he would wait another couple weeks and see where he falls.

Would hate to see him go and get shipped off to the D League

Archived