• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Jawanza Poland 6-4 JC Wing

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

has interest in USF according to this article.

http://blogs.tampabay.com/usf/2010/03/junior-college-wing-poland-has-usf-in-final-3.html

Highlights

Jawanza Poland, a 6-foot-4 guard/forward from Wichita who is rated as one of the top wing in all of junior college basketball.

Poland, who is at Hutchinson Community College in Kansas this season, has an advantage on most junior college recruits because he'll have three years of eligibility -- he redshirted this past season at Hutchinson, unable to play after transferring from Cowley College. Poland made an official visit to USF two weekends ago, and said Wednesday he has USF in his final three schools, along with Oklahoma and hometown Wichita State.

"They have a good team coming back -- they'll be pretty good in the Big East next year," said Poland, who plans to visit Oklahoma next week before making his decision. "My visit to USF was pretty good -- I liked the facilities, the academics there, and it seems like a nice place to live."

Poland averaged 13.5 points a game as a freshman at Cowley and was named Freshman of the Year in the Jayhawk Conference's East division. One of USF's biggest needs this off-season is finding consistent outside shooters, and that's a strength of Poland, who hit 38 percent of his 3-point attempts at Cowley.

"Probably my best strength is that I'm a good outside shooter," said the 205-pound Poland. "I believe I can get to the goal any time I want to, so I have a good inside drive game."

I hope they are recruiting his teammate Robert Goff, 6-9 PF/C also. He may have reclassified to the 2011 class. Still should go after him though.

If we get this guy we sure are going to be very athletic. Haynes, Robertson, and this guy are GREAT leapers. I just hope they can play in this league.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  247
  • Days Won:  0

So does this mean we have backed off of michael haynes and Melvin? At least if we do get this guy he would have three years left like that jp olukemi guy I wish we would have gotten.

• Content Count:  365
  • Days Won:  1

good news :thumbsup

So does this mean we have backed off of michael haynes and Melvin? At least if we do get this guy he would have three years left like that jp olukemi guy I wish we would have gotten.

I believe Melvin will visit us before making a decision. Don't know about Haynes

He has canceled his visit to OU this weekend which was our chief competition for this highly though of JC payer.

Go to his facebook page and Poland has the USF logo up as his picture for viewing. Looks like a strong indication to me that he will be committing to the Bulls soon if he hasn't already.

Here's the link to his facebook profile: http://www.facebook.com/jawanzap

• Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

Nice!!!

• Content Count:  4,879

I always wondered why Momma's named their kids like this, but now I understand:  Its for the P.A. announcers!

• Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

Here's a link to an OU message board. They started out talking about how he was a lock, but things change.

http://ouhoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15378

• Content Count:  4,879

Here's a link to an OU message board. They started out talking about how he was a lock, but things change.

http://ouhoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15378

welcome to the board.  you're a breath of fresh air.  ;)

Archived