• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

JPP thread on gator msg board.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

He's a very polarizing prospect.....

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  17,508
  • Days Won:  13

Nice? It looks about 50/50 for and against. I have said it before, I think JPP will be the most successful player from USF to date. I think if anyone has a shot at the HOF, he does in the right situation. I hope he keeps his head on straight and gets in the right place to make it happen. It will be a tremendous boost to USF if he becomes part of the NFL elite and NFL history. I hope 20-30 years from now The Haitian Sensation has as much meaning to football fans as Mean Joe Green or Jack Lambert.

HOF.... whoa buddy

• Content Count:  4,016
  • Days Won:  0

Nice? It looks about 50/50 for and against. I have said it before, I think JPP will be the most successful player from USF to date. I think if anyone has a shot at the HOF, he does in the right situation. I hope he keeps his head on straight and gets in the right place to make it happen. It will be a tremendous boost to USF if he becomes part of the NFL elite and NFL history. I hope 20-30 years from now The Haitian Sensation has as much meaning to football fans as Mean Joe Green or Jack Lambert.

HOF.... whoa buddy

yeah let's just keep from being an NFL draft 'bust' first.  We've seen many, many Mamula freaks come through that the NFL started creaming in their shorts for, only to find out they don't have it for the NFL.  The NFL takes all aspects, mind, body, power...to be successful.  Few, if any, can get by without having all three mastered.

HOF.... whoa buddy

yeah let's just keep from being an NFL draft 'bust' first.  We've seen many, many Mamula freaks come through that the NFL started creaming in their shorts for, only to find out they don't have it for the NFL.  The NFL takes all aspects, mind, body, power...to be successful.  Few, if any, can get by without having all three mastered.

Hai there JPP how you doin?

gholston1.jpg

"He never picked up a football until his sophomore year in high school and had just one season of defensive experience as a linebacker before being converted to defensive end when he arrived at Ohio State.

Blessed with incredible speed (clocked at 4.56 in the 40-yard dash), long limbs and superb strength, Gholston is the prototype pass rusher that professional teams look for -- big, fast, strong and explosive. An avid performer in the weight room, he boasted the best bench press on the team at 455 pounds. He also put on an impressive performance for teammates, squatting 405 pounds 20 times."

I mean this is so similar it's scary. 

• Content Count:  4,016
  • Days Won:  0

"He never picked up a football until his sophomore year in high school and had just one season of defensive experience as a linebacker before being converted to defensive end when he arrived at Ohio State.

Blessed with incredible speed (clocked at 4.56 in the 40-yard dash), long limbs and superb strength, Gholston is the prototype pass rusher that professional teams look for -- big, fast, strong and explosive. An avid performer in the weight room, he boasted the best bench press on the team at 455 pounds. He also put on an impressive performance for teammates, squatting 405 pounds 20 times."

I mean this is so similar it's scary. 

Good one Bull Dozer...the list of Gholston's are far bigger than not.  Especially at a position like DE where you either 'have it' or you don't.  At LB, or DB you can develop over time and become managable in spots...but DE if you ain't gettin sacks, and gettin to da QB, you ain't gettin IT!  They don't spend years developing 'it'...see the Bucs and Gaines Adams....and many like him before that....after about 4 years if the DE is a bust he's usually out of the NFL.  So it's not smart to presume anything.  Kawika Mitchell, and Anthony Henry have had fabulous NFL careers....if both can get to that 10-12 year NFL career...if you were smart with your money you should be good for a lifetime.  HOF is pipedreams for most.

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

u simply never know

but i  hope he gets to fulfull his  dream

Archived