• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Is PapaJohn's possible at 7-5?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  959
  • Days Won:  1

I don't recall exactly the order of bowls choosing their teams, or if there even is an order anymore for the ESPN bowls, but if we go 7-5 does that automatically stick us back in St. Pete, or can we still go to Birmingham? And if it is St. Pete, is this possible if UCF also goes, since they don't want two Florida teams?

This has probably been discussed, but my brain isn't working and I can't search.

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

St. pete/PJC/International work out who goes where with the conference.  No set pecking order among these 3.

• Content Count:  5,241
  • Days Won:  0

I think papa johns is inevitable, even if we won today.

• Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

I think I read somewhere that the St. Pete said it is unlikely that USF would go there.  The BE works with the bowls to determine where we will go.

In my opinion the International is the best bowl for us.  It gives us about an extra week of practice than we would get for the other bowls and maybe freezing their asses off in Toronto in January in an irrelevant bowl would give the returning players and coaching staff something to think about. 

• Content Count:  959
  • Days Won:  1

I think I read somewhere that the St. Pete said it is unlikely that USF would go there.  The BE works with the bowls to determine where we will go.

In my opinion the International is the best bowl for us.  It gives us about an extra week of practice than we would get for the other bowls and maybe freezing their asses off in Toronto in January in an irrelevant bowl would give the returning players and coaching staff something to think about. 

Tough love, huh?  ;D

Travel expenses would suck, though.

• Content Count:  254

Papa Johns and International are both on January 2nd.

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

The pizza bowl is what i want, but only because of Dreamland BBQ. 

Guest nybullsfan

not only possible, but almost a lock

mcc and gator won't pick us now. duh.

spb doesn't want us 2 years in a row, they'll want to invite ucf this year to start building that fan base (and at 8-4, ucf will even have a better record) and will therefore lobby the b.e. for anyone other than usf (btw, spb will never set up usf vs. ucf, and will always take at least one out-of-town team)

int'l knows we won't bring more than 25 fans, so will also lobby the b.e. for anyone but usf

that leaves pj.com, stuck with us, like it or not.

win or lose against uconn, doesn't matter whether we finish 7-5 or 8-4, we're going to b'ham

• Content Count:  3,649
  • Days Won:  4

Does anyone see us beating any of the possible 7-5 SEC teams? Kentucky maybe? Auburn, Arkansas, South Carolina, Tennessee, Georgia. SOme of those teams are as schzio as we are so if they have a bad day maybe but I really don't see it.

• Content Count:  1,204

We won't go to the St. Pete Bowl for two years in a row.  We likely go to the PJC Bowl.  The Int'l is so far away for us.  UConn was there last year so this year it will likely be Rutgers.  UConn will likely play UCF in the St. Pete Bowl.  We'll probably play Auburn in the PJC.  WVU at 9-3 will probably get the Gator over a 9-3 Pitt (WVU vs. Virginia Tech).  Pitt will play UNC, BC, or someone else in the Muffler Bowl.

Of course, two BCS teams change all that.  It is still possible if Pitt upsets Cincinnati and Texas wins.  The Big 12 will only have one eligible team.  The PAC-10 only one.  The ACC might have two if Miami moves up, so the Canes could get picked.  Penn State will be the extra Big Ten.  With TCU in there's one spot left that could come down to Boise, Cincy, or Miami.  Miami goes if eligible.  I think Cincy may get picked over Boise.  But I doubt that will happen.

We're very likely to play Jan. 2 in Birmingham and I'd bet we'll play Auburn. 

Archived