• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Fire...

Cow Pie

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

... the coordinators, come the f on you can't work up something better then the crap we ran tonight? What did they do all week touch them selves?

A lot of people would like to blame Leavitt, and sure he deserves a lot of heat because the buck stops with him and he is in charge but I like to put the blame where it is due and that is on the coordinators.

Our offense was bland and our defense was predictable.

• Content Count:  667
  • Days Won:  0

we can't keep firing coordinators.. first it was fire rod smith, then it was fire greg gregory, now it's fire canales.. the coordinators are the variables..  let's start firing the constants.

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

A excerpt of my response from Smazza's "You are the USF AD" thread a little while back

Fired: Canales, Hendricks, Simmonds

Move:Franks from RB coach to just recruiting coordinator  

Have a sit down with:CJL

Reasoning for my moves

Canales-Bad playcalling for the last 2 years (lets not forget he was CO OC and Passing coordinator with Gregory) and the offense has not shown great improvement over what got Gregory fired.  I know losing Matt is a big blow but the direction of the offense and style of playcalling and lack of imagination have remained the same.  Sorry but if we decided what Gregory gave us as far as offensive philosophy wasn't working and Canales is giving us virtually the same direction hes got to go.

Hendricks-Special teams coach and.....Well i don't know what else he brings to the staff and his main job is special teams which are just deplorable.  When your a BCS team and your special teams look like a bad high school team's heads gotta roll.

Simmonds-I have seen a noticeable drop off in the style of play and quality of play up front since Frey left.  I just don't feel he's getting everything he can out of the offensive linemen so hes gotta go.  We need someone to help instill that just nasty im going to beat you up attitude upfront and recruit athletes that can be developed to be that kind of lineman.  

Franks-This has ZERO to do with the RBBC but is rather about the lack of us developing RB's i honestly cannot look anyone straight in the eyes and tell them that any of the current RB's are substantially better than when they first stepped foot on campus.  He's done a great job as our recruiting coordinator and that is what saves his job and now becomes his main focus.  

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

we can't keep firing coordinators.. first it was fire rod smith, then it was fire greg gregory, now it's fire canales.. the coordinators are the variables..  let's start firing the constants.

The problem is Canales and Gregory were both part of the same problem.  What we did is like removing 1/2 a tumor and expecting it to get better. 

• Content Count:  2,657
  • Days Won:  1

Dixie -- we lost this game along the line of scrimmage. Daniels had zero time to look down field and we had nothing going in the ground game.

On defense it is disappointing that we couldn't get more pressure earlier in the game but the defense was good enough to win. UM had a couple of very short fields from turnovers and bad punts. Depth has never been a hallmark of the program so when they are on the field most of the first half its hard to fault the defense or the defensive staff....too much.

This game is solely on the offense and special teams....and some of the bad coaching hires we've made are beginning to catch up with us ....in more ways than one.

A excerpt of my response from Smazza's "You are the USF AD" thread a little while back

Fired: Canales, Hendricks, Simmonds

Move:Franks from RB coach to just recruiting coordinator  

Have a sit down with:CJL

Reasoning for my moves

Canales-Bad playcalling for the last 2 years (lets not forget he was CO OC and Passing coordinator with Gregory) and the offense has not shown great improvement over what got Gregory fired.  I know losing Matt is a big blow but the direction of the offense and style of playcalling and lack of imagination have remained the same.  Sorry but if we decided what Gregory gave us as far as offensive philosophy wasn't working and Canales is giving us virtually the same direction hes got to go.

Hendricks-Special teams coach and.....Well i don't know what else he brings to the staff and his main job is special teams which are just deplorable.  When your a BCS team and your special teams look like a bad high school team's heads gotta roll.

Simmonds-I have seen a noticeable drop off in the style of play and quality of play up front since Frey left.  I just don't feel he's getting everything he can out of the offensive linemen so hes gotta go.  We need someone to help instill that just nasty im going to beat you up attitude upfront and recruit athletes that can be developed to be that kind of lineman.  

Franks-This has ZERO to do with the RBBC but is rather about the lack of us developing RB's i honestly cannot look anyone straight in the eyes and tell them that any of the current RB's are substantially better than when they first stepped foot on campus.  He's done a great job as our recruiting coordinator and that is what saves his job and now becomes his main focus.  

Dozer could not had said it better myself  :clap, this should be a sticky.

We need to gut our team (minus Leavitt because all he is a figure head and really does not coach anything) and go after Mangino for OC and some body good for DC.

It was as if Gregory snuck back into the stadium tonight and picked up where he left off... head must roll after this game.

Dixie -- we lost this game along the line of scrimmage. Daniels had zero time to look down field and we had nothing going in the ground game.

On defense it is disappointing that we couldn't get more pressure earlier in the game but the defense was good enough to win. UM had a couple of very short fields from turnovers and bad punts. Depth has never been a hallmark of the program so when they are on the field most of the first half its hard to fault the defense or the defensive staff....too much.

This game is solely on the offense and special teams....and some of the bad coaching hires we've made are beginning to catch up with us ....in more ways than one.

Cyber I disagree, our defense could not stop a weak Miami defense and allowed them to score 21 points and a dozen 4th down conversions... mean while our offense was predicatble... every other play was a BJ scramble we can not win if we are going to rely on our QB as the main running back.

• Content Count:  66,110
  • Days Won:  172

as i have said for years

we havent recruited offensive lineman

as an old football coach you win the game at the line

Archived