• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The two things that pissed me off the most

flsportsfan83

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  17,584
  • Days Won:  13

I can handle the loss. Miami has tons of talent. I thought we could win but we just dont have the players yet.

The two things that pissed me off the most were

1. Time Management. YOU ARE DOWN in THE @ND HALF. And you use 2 timeouts in the first 7 mins of the 3rd quarter. This happens way to much here. Those time outs could be very important. We are  going to lose a game sometime because Leavitt cant manage the clock

2. We give up to early. 9 mins to go in the game and down by 21 and you gun Mo Plancher up the middle, and then a shovel pass. The coaches gave up. Would we have won if they didnt do this? Prob Not. BUT Jesus Give yourself a shot. We did the same thing vs Cincy.

OK Now I am out have plans tonight.

• Content Count:  2,121
  • Days Won:  1

I can handle the loss. Miami has tons of talent. I thought we could win but we just dont have the players yet.

The two things that pissed me off the most were

1. Time Management. YOU ARE DOWN in THE @ND HALF. And you use 2 timeouts in the first 7 mins of the 3rd quarter. This happens way to much here. Those time outs could be very important. We are  going to lose a game sometime because Leavitt cant manage the clock

2. We give up to early. 9 mins to go in the game and down by 21 and you gun Mo Plancher up the middle, and then a shovel pass. The coaches gave up. Would we have won if they didnt do this? Prob Not. BUT Jesus Give yourself a shot. We did the same thing vs Cincy.

OK Now I am out have plans tonight.

I agree with #2 100%! How do you milk the clock down 21 with 9 minutes still to go???

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

I tell you what really bothered me - Leavitt's post game interview.  Now there really isn't much a coach can say after that kind of beating, but Leavitt has had enough practice, so expectations are reasonably high.

What does he come up with - basically just says we don't have the talent to compete with a team like Miami, says he is glad we scheduled them cause it shows us how far we are.  Now given how we have played this season, I am not sure anyone can disagree with the guy.  But that isn't what USF has put so much money into, that isn't what 50,000+ fans come to see, and that isn't what most USF fans (and USF for that matter) believed.

Let's be clear, Miami isn't a great football team.  They are an upper-middle team in a bad conference - more or less exactly where most USF fans thought we were before this season started.  I mean the ACC championship teams lost to two lower-middle SEC teams today.

I don't know - just rubbed me wrong somehow.  He wasn't making excuses exactly, I mean he emphasized that he needs to get out and recruit more.  Maybe he was just trying to fire the team up, but it seems a little late.  Never been a fire Leavitt guy, but I think we need to see some improvement next year.  Anything less than 5-2 in the Big East conference and I think USF should look hard at other coaching options.

• Content Count:  21,556
  • Days Won:  41

I tell you what really bothered me - Leavitt's post game interview.  Now there really isn't much a coach can say after that kind of beating, but Leavitt has had enough practice, so expectations are reasonably high.

What does he come up with - basically just says we don't have the talent to compete with a team like Miami, says he is glad we scheduled them cause it shows us how far we are.  Now given how we have played this season, I am not sure anyone can disagree with the guy.  But that isn't what USF has put so much money into, that isn't what 50,000+ fans come to see, and that isn't what most USF fans (and USF for that matter) believed.

I don't know I kind agreed with what he said after the game because I was saying it through the whole game.  USF looked like they were getting beat on the line on both sides of the ball.  What did the defense pressure the QB once?

Since this "offense" clearly does not work, I am only assuming that we don't have the talent in place to run the ball otherwise they would be doing it.  I also believe that the only positive that can come out of these games where they don't even compete is that more of the opportunities for improvement get exposed.

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,407
  • Days Won:  471

(Leavitt) says we don't have the talent to compete with a team like Miami, says he is glad we scheduled them cause it shows us how far we are.  Now given how we have played this season, I am not sure anyone can disagree with the guy.  But that isn't what USF has put so much money into, that isn't what 50,000+ fans come to see, and that isn't what most USF fans (and USF for that matter) believed.

I don't think that in bold has any outcome on a game.

• Content Count:  919
  • Days Won:  0

I don't know I kind agreed with what he said after the game because I was saying it through the whole game.  USF looked like they were getting beat on the line on both sides of the ball.  What did the defense pressure the QB once?

Since this "offense" clearly does not work, I am only assuming that we don't have the talent in place to run the ball otherwise they would be doing it.  I also believe that the only positive that can come out of these games where they don't even compete is that more of the opportunities for improvement get exposed.

The 'lack of talent' excuse is getting old.  USF does have the talent to run the ball.  Do you think UConn has more talent than USF?  They run the ball all day long and run it on teams with superior talent.  That's coaching, and creating a scheme that works for your players.

Unfortunately, I finally came around during the Rutgers embarrasment - USF's problem is coaching.  There is no way USF should bet dominated by Rutgers like that when the talent is equal.  That is pure coaching.  Can you name 1 game USF won when we outcoached the opponent?

Leavitt's postgame comments bother me too.  Recruiting is only a piece of the puzzle.  You have to have the right leadership at the top, and schemes on both sides of the ball.  Unfortunatley we don't, and I now seriously doubt we ever will under Leavitt.

• Content Count:  2,558

I think hte the challenge on the fumble was a terrible challenge, also why did it say we had no challenges the remainder of the game?

• Content Count:  667

The 'lack of talent' excuse is getting old.  USF does have the talent to run the ball.  Do you think UConn has more talent than USF?  They run the ball all day long and run it on teams with superior talent.  That's coaching, and creating a scheme that works for your players.

Precisely.  UConn went into ND (which probably has the most 'talent' in the entire nation) and played good, disciplined football, ran the ball, and played physical-- AND WON.  this was against an ND team hungry for a win for a coach on a hotseat and a coach that they came to ND to play for.  no way in hell we go up to south bend and pull off a win like UConn does.

• Content Count:  22,859
  • Days Won:  109

Unfortunately, I finally came around during the Rutgers embarrasment - USF's problem is coaching.  There is no way USF should bet dominated by Rutgers like that when the talent is equal.  That is pure coaching.  Can you name 1 game USF won when we outcoached the opponent?

Leavitt's postgame comments bother me too.  Recruiting is only a piece of the puzzle.  You have to have the right leadership at the top, and schemes on both sides of the ball.  Unfortunatley we don't, and I now seriously doubt we ever will under Leavitt.

Disagree about the talent thing.  This has been brought up many times, but how many offensive players from USF do you see in the NFL?  Rutgers has two RBs (if Leonard is still playing), two WRs, a lineman with the Bucs and some others.  UConn sent their RB to the NFL, same with Pitt.  Andre Hall has had a little time here and there but that is about it.

We don't have the talent on offense.  It starts with the O line but with none of our skill position players make it to the NFL either.

You can blame the coaching as well, but the talent just isn't there.

• Content Count:  919

Disagree about the talent thing.  This has been brought up many times, but how many offensive players from USF do you see in the NFL?  Rutgers has two RBs (if Leonard is still playing), two WRs, a lineman with the Bucs and some others.  UConn sent their RB to the NFL, same with Pitt.  Andre Hall has had a little time here and there but that is about it.

We don't have the talent on offense.  It starts with the O line but with none of our skill position players make it to the NFL either.

You can blame the coaching as well, but the talent just isn't there.

Disagree.  Go back and look at the Scout or Rivals ratings of RU vs USF.  Ray Rice was a 3 star, so was Britt, Underwood was 2 star.  On the whole, USF and RU have had similarly ranked recruiting classes.  It can be argued that RU develops better players.  Coaching.

I know USF has had more talented classes than UConn. 

But both those teams are better coached.

Archived