• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Offensive Scheme?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,923
  • Days Won:  1

I have been trying to determine all year the offensive schemes that Chico has been implementing and the only answer I have been able to come up with is sandlot designed plays.  It doesn't appear we have an identity or cohesion on offensive.  Coach Gregory's offense was better and I thought I would never say that.  I can't remember any season in which every game USF has lost has been a blowout, Cincy, Pitt, Rutgers, and Miami.  A difficult year to say the least. 

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

If what coach Gregory gave us last season wasn't good enough to keep his job then i don't see how anyone can say what Chico has given us this season is good enough to keep him around.  Let's also not forget that Chico was 1/2 responsible for last season since he was Co-OC/Passing coordinator.  Yes i know we lost Matt and that was a big blow but we have seen pretty much the exact offensive scheme we saw last season that we deemed not worthy for an OC to keep their job.  Chico has to go and we need a coordinator that is proficient at coaching and calling plays in a spread offense. 

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

we keep changing coordinators and it doesn't make a difference.

Because we keep bringing in bad coordinators and hoping they work out for us.........

• Content Count:  5,241
  • Days Won:  0

Our offense has actually scored less with Chico! ARG!

I think we rely WAY too much on one position (QB), and thats probably part of Leavitt's philosophy on offense, and partially due to the lack a decent running game

• Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

come on guys. chico earned this job. he directed the #105 scoring offense in the country when he was with arizona. we're lucky to have him.

• Content Count:  667
  • Days Won:  0

come on guys. chico earned this job. he directed the #105 scoring offense in the country when he was with arizona. we're lucky to have him.

kind of like how we are lucky to have CJL guide us to a 2nd papajohns.com stuff-crust meatlover's supreme pizza bowl

• Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

kind of like how we are lucky to have CJL guide us to a 2nd papajohns.com stuff-crust meatlover's supreme pizza bowl

hey that's 5 bowls in a row! we need to ink him to a 20 year deal. :-\

• Content Count:  2,495

we keep changing coordinators and it doesn't make a difference.

So what does that tell you?

• Content Count:  1,113

If what coach Gregory gave us last season wasn't good enough to keep his job then i don't see how anyone can say what Chico has given us this season is good enough to keep him around.  Let's also not forget that Chico was 1/2 responsible for last season since he was Co-OC/Passing coordinator.   Yes i know we lost Matt and that was a big blow but we have seen pretty much the exact offensive scheme we saw last season that we deemed not worthy for an OC to keep their job.  Chico has to go and we need a coordinator that is proficient at coaching and calling plays in a spread offense. 

Bull Dozer you are right on with that comment!!  We need to fork over the money to get somebody in there that knows what they are doing! 

Why did he leave USF the first time?

Archived