• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  498
  • Days Won:  0

I may be mistaken, but it felt everytime Murphy was in the game, the ball was passed and completed to his man.  It also appeared that he did not or barely played the 2nd half, did they finally give up on him?

• Content Count:  2,726

i hope so.  I don't know what all this "nfl potential" everyone started talking about was...because guys like J. Murphy and T. Roberts are the reason our defense has mad amounts of holes. 

Get these guys OUT!!! And teach them some DISCIPLINE!!!

GO BULLS!!!

• Content Count:  498

At least I dont think he had any penalties today, let alone his favorite... personal fouls.

• Content Count:  118

I noticed this today!  Everytime they completed a big play in the passing game it was against Murphy!  Coach would take him out and put Webster in.  Then the next series or a few plays later we would get beat again in the passing game and I would look at who was defending and sure enough it was Murphy back in there!  I don't know why coach Tresey plays him?  He has no ties to the kid and he is obviously awful!  Do you think Leavitt pushes for him to play?  Just wondering b/c I know we have better players on the roster than him!  (At least I hope)

• Content Count:  849

Concerning Murph's NFL potential, the reason Murph is looking so bad is the simple reason is that he's really playing out of position. He did well last year but Murphy's playing style is more conducive to Safety, he needs to have the play in front of him. He just doesn't have the hip fluidity to be an every-down outside corner. During the Jenks and Trae years, Murph was an excellent NB, Corner is just a different ball game, one of the toughest positions to play outside of QB.

If Murphy has an NFL shot, it will be at Safety, Murph was used at Safety during practice, I just think it would be wise for the Coaches to use him and Nate at Safety and give Kayvon more time at corner

• Content Count:  136

I don't like to call players out......but #3 has to go! We will get burned all game next Saturday if he plays!

I don't get why he is playing!

Go Bulls!

• Content Count:  12,293

in fairness to Murph....that TD against him was OBVIOUSLY some serious offensive pass interference.  a MAJOR push off.

• Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

We should have a much better crop of DBs coming up with Webster, Dixon and J. Jenkins. Anyone know what happened to George Baker? That kid was supposed to have a lot of potential.

• Content Count:  12,293

i know baker is in on the punt return teams.....

• Content Count:  488

Concerning Murph's NFL potential, the reason Murph is looking so bad is the simple reason is that he's really playing out of position. He did well last year but Murphy's playing style is more conducive to Safety, he needs to have the play in front of him. He just doesn't have the hip fluidity to be an every-down outside corner. During the Jenks and Trae years, Murph was an excellent NB, Corner is just a different ball game, one of the toughest positions to play outside of QB.

If Murphy has an NFL shot, it will be at Safety, Murph was used at Safety during practice, I just think it would be wise for the Coaches to use him and Nate at Safety and give Kayvon more time at corner

This is about the best analysis/observation I've seen on this board in awhile.  Noticing the glaring deficiency without attacking the player.

You are right on.  CB is one of the toughest position in football, and it doesn't seem like it is a position Murphy is most comfortable with.  He is playing that position, because the guys under him on the depth chart are young.  Although it does seem like the coaches are easing Kayvon into the role by playing him more on the outside.

Murphy struggles the most when he has to turn his hip to run stride for stride on the fly routes.  He does not have the burst off the turn and therefore gets beaten.  On the positive side he hits hard and he plays aggressive.  Obviously, he has had poor timing lately with his aggressiveness and has committed costly penalties.

The kid doesn't go out there looking to commit penalties or blow coverages.  He goes out there and plays hard, but he has struggled of late.  Probably thinking too much too after the mistakes he has made.

Archived