• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

If BJD leads USF to a second rate bowl

beastiebull

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

...As a RS FR he will have accomplished exactly what MG did as a RS JR. 

Haven't seen many threads defending this FR QB but lots questioning everything about him down to his glare blockers.  All we ever saw after MG 's lousy games were excuses. 

Apologists may begin now. 

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  17,584
  • Days Won:  13

The future is bright with BJ.

• Content Count:  720
  • Days Won:  0

I think BJ is doing all he can with the plays that are being called. I mean how hard is it to do go with the same game plan that we had against WVU when we looked like a top 25 team? We had a primary running back (Plancher 18 carries for 80+ yards), we had some screens and intermediate passes, and then of course we had the bombs. The run and screens set up the play actions for the bombs.

I think that BJ would take offense to someone saying something about the coaching staff because our staff have these kids brainwashed or something into thinking that they're calling all the right plays. The kids look up to them and think they can do no wrong. In the same token when our coaching staff starts to panic and abandon any kind of gameplan and start freaking out it reflects to the players.

I think that BJ could've been VERY successful this year with the right coaches. Unfortunatley we know that our QB's don't make any gains under this coaching staff.

• Content Count:  90

I think BJ is doing all he can with the plays that are being called. I mean how hard is it to do go with the same game plan that we had against WVU when we looked like a top 25 team? We had a primary running back (Plancher 18 carries for 80+ yards), we had some screens and intermediate passes, and then of course we had the bombs. The run and screens set up the play actions for the bombs.

I think that BJ would take offense to someone saying something about the coaching staff because our staff have these kids brainwashed or something into thinking that they're calling all the right plays. The kids look up to them and think they can do no wrong. In the same token when our coaching staff starts to panic and abandon any kind of gameplan and start freaking out it reflects to the players.

I think that BJ could've been VERY successful this year with the right coaches. Unfortunatley we know that our QB's don't make any gains under this coaching staff.

It's hard to get the right calls in when your guy can't remember anything......

• Content Count:  720

It's hard to get the right calls in when your guy can't remember anything......

I'm assuming you have inside info because other than that your quote is irrelevant.

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Haven't seen many threads defending this FR QB but lots questioning everything about him down to his glare blockers.  All we ever saw after MG 's lousy games were excuses. 

First, as I recall, you started a thread saying that BJ, as a RS fr., was already better than Grothe was as a senior.  Are you downgrading that to "just as good as Matt"?

Second, the same assinine types of topics existed about Grothe including ones about: his visor, his towel, his mouthpiece, whether he hunted too much, etc.  Just because you choose not to see them doesn't mean they did not exist.

Finally, you're right that we will end up in a second rate bowl again with BJD as we did with Grothe.  This has as much to do with the BE's sorry bowl tie-ins as anything else.

• Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

First, as I recall, you started a thread saying that BJ, as a RS fr., was already better than Grothe was as a senior.  Are you downgrading that to "just as good as Matt"?

Second, the same assinine types of topics existed about Grothe including ones about: his visor, his towel, his mouthpiece, whether he hunted too much, etc.  Just because you choose not to see them doesn't mean they did not exist.

Finally, you're right that we will end up in a second rate bowl again with BJD as we did with Grothe.  This has as much to do with the BE's sorry bowl tie-ins as anything else.

Where in my post did I say that BJ was not > MG?

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Where in my post did I say that BJ was not > MG?

If you say he's accomplished the same thing as a Jr-Grothe, then for him to be better I guess you believe the rest of the team and the coaching is worse.

• Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

I think BJ is doing all he can with the plays that are being called.

I'm not trying to bash BJ, I hope he continues to improve and leads us to our first BE title, but this comments is just asinine.

Watch the games, the calls were not bad, the QB failed to see multiple receivers waving their arms at him because they were open (unless they were waving him off...kind of a 'dont throw it here thing'?). He's a freshman, he's supposed to miss some reads, but stop blaming the coaches for it.

Here is a question...how many of you feel like BJD is as deeply entrenched as our starter for next year as Grothe was after his freshman year? I think there will be a battle, BJ will probably win it, but I look for Landi and Carnes to make a charge at the starting position...especially if BJ takes 3 months away from football to play hoops. Not to say that BJ isn't better than Grothe, I don't care to debate that any more, but the rest of our QBs are 1000x better than when MG took over. I still go back to the spring game when there really wasn't any separation between Landi and BJD.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,802
  • Days Won:  29

beastie =  ::)

Back to the topic.

Beat L'ville !

Archived