• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

3 roster moves I wish had been done

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  403
  • Days Won:  0

Based on the fact that we have other players contributing at these positions, and my not knowing what was promised during recruiting, I wish that:

We would've redshirted Ryne Giddins and Lindsey Lamar.  And we would've medical redshirted Jamar Taylor when he'd gotten hurt.

I think they are all great players, but we have people to play in their positions this year.

• Content Count:  3,691
  • Days Won:  2

Based on the fact that we have other players contributing at these positions, and my not knowing what was promised during recruiting, I wish that:

We would've redshirted Ryne Giddins and Lindsey Lamar.  And we would've medical redshirted Jamar Taylor when he'd gotten hurt.

I think they are all great players, but we have people to play in their positions this year.

Giddens will be a medical redshirt...so no harm done.

Lamar's play might help get his cousin here next year.  It tells incoming freshman that we're not afraid to let you play in year 1.

Taylor's decision was probably up to him.  He might not want to be held back a year. 

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Giddins will apply for a medical redshirt this year.  As for playing him to begin with, I think it helps in recruiting other bigtime players to show that you will play the best guys early.

I agree on Taylor.  Waste of a year.  

Lamar showed some flashes against lesser competition.  Coaches wanted to get some speed at the RB position which combined with the injury to Samuels meant Lindsay could play.  Also, his cousin Terrence Mitchell (Hillsborough High safety/corner) is someone we are after, so maybe show him that we do play kids early if they are good enough.

• Content Count:  403
  • Days Won:  0

Great responses.  I didn't know about the cousin, Terrance Mitchell.  Very good.

As I'd said, I don't know what goes on behind closed doors and the conversations between the coaches and the players.

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

Taylor came back to play, but is suffering from soreness in his knee.

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

Giddens will be a medical redshirt...so no harm done.

Lamar's play might help get his cousin here next year.  It tells incoming freshman that we're not afraid to let you play in year 1.

Taylor's decision was probably up to him.  He might not want to be held back a year. 

not true, coaches told Jamar that we "were in this thing" and could still win the BE after the cincy loss.

He was just listening to his coaches hoping that they would put him in the best possition possible.

Archived