• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

congratulations you have just been hired as usf's new AD

smazza

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  66,110
  • Days Won:  172

and president judy g calls you into office WANTS to know your plan for the future of the football program

what do you tell her?

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  81
  • Days Won:  0

To respectfully thank CJL for all he did to start the program, then inform him that USF football is going in a new direction and his services are no longer required. Next, fire the OC on the spot and committ to never again hiring a re-tread who was no good the first time. Burn the current playbook. Then begin actively pursuing a new, offensive-minded head coach in the mold of Brian Kelly at Cincy.

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

I would fire Canales.... search outside of the program for a proven OC.

I would actually let Jim stay another year but make sure he knows he WILL be held accountable for EVERYTHING football. I would ask CJL to open the QB competition up between Carnes, BJD, and Landi. Best man wins.

I would also ask CJL to actively recruit big nasty O-linemen and not just players with track speed.

If we had a similiar season, CJL would be gone.

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Fired: Canales, Hendricks, Simmonds

Move:Franks from RB coach to just recruiting coordinator 

Have a sit down with:CJL

Reasoning for my moves

Canales-Bad playcalling for the last 2 years (lets not forget he was CO OC and Passing coordinator with Gregory) and the offense has not shown great improvement over what got Gregory fired.  I know losing Matt is a big blow but the direction of the offense and style of playcalling and lack of imagination have remained the same.  Sorry but if we decided what Gregory gave us as far as offensive philosophy wasn't working and Canales is giving us virtually the same direction hes got to go.

Hendricks-Special teams coach and.....Well i don't know what else he brings to the staff and his main job is special teams which are just deplorable.  When your a BCS team and your special teams look like a bad high school team's heads gotta roll.

Simmonds-I have seen a noticeable drop off in the style of play and quality of play up front since Frey left.  I just don't feel he's getting everything he can out of the offensive linemen so hes gotta go.  We need someone to help instill that just nasty im going to beat you up attitude upfront and recruit athletes that can be developed to be that kind of lineman. 

Franks-This has ZERO to do with the RBBC but is rather about the lack of us developing RB's i honestly cannot look anyone straight in the eyes and tell them that any of the current RB's are substantially better than when they first stepped foot on campus.  He's done a great job as our recruiting coordinator and that is what saves his job and now becomes his main focus. 

CJL-, Let him know the new hires must not be retreads or the buddy system he seems to use when its time to make a hire.  Scour the land and interview MANY candidates for all available spots we need to bring some fresh faces and ideas into USF football.  CJL would be safe till the end of his contract (I feel he's earned that).

I would also like to try to speed up the process on the practice fields and dining facilities.  I feel the lack of a dining facility and real control over the players diet really hurts us in our player development and S&C program.  We need better practice fields and we need them right there behind the athletic center for a myriad of reasons. 

Fired: Canales, Hendricks, Simmonds

Move:Franks from RB coach to just recruiting coordinator 

Have a sit down with:CJL

Reasoning for my moves

Canales-Bad playcalling for the last 2 years (lets not forget he was CO OC and Passing coordinator with Gregory) and the offense has not shown great improvement over what got Gregory fired.  I know losing Matt is a big blow but the direction of the offense and style of playcalling and lack of imagination have remained the same.  Sorry but if we decided what Gregory gave us as far as offensive philosophy wasn't working and Canales is giving us virtually the same direction hes got to go.

Hendricks-Special teams coach and.....Well i don't know what else he brings to the staff and his main job is special teams which are just deplorable.  When your a BCS team and your special teams look like a bad high school team's heads gotta roll.

Simmonds-I have seen a noticeable drop off in the style of play and quality of play up front since Frey left.  I just don't feel he's getting everything he can out of the offensive linemen so hes gotta go.  We need someone to help instill that just nasty im going to beat you up attitude upfront and recruit athletes that can be developed to be that kind of lineman. 

Franks-This has ZERO to do with the RBBC but is rather about the lack of us developing RB's i honestly cannot look anyone straight in the eyes and tell them that any of the current RB's are substantially better than when they first stepped foot on campus.  He's done a great job as our recruiting coordinator and that is what saves his job and now becomes his main focus. 

CJL-, Let him know the new hires must not be retreads or the buddy system he seems to use when its time to make a hire.  Scour the land and interview MANY candidates for all available spots we need to bring some fresh faces and ideas into USF football.  CJL would be safe till the end of his contract (I feel he's earned that).

I would also like to try to speed up the process on the practice fields and dining facilities.  I feel the lack of a dining facility and real control over the players diet really hurts us in our player development and S&C program.  We need better practice fields and we need them right there behind the athletic center for a myriad of reasons. 

awesome post, everything makes sense

• Content Count:  3,594
  • Days Won:  3

We dont have the money to bring in a proven OC. 

we have already proven that we pay out OC around $37 less that UF pay theirs...

we don't need top tier, just proven.

I'm sure we can find a guy at 203k

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,413
  • Days Won:  472

we have already proven that we pay out OC around $37 less that UF pay theirs...

So would he come here for $37 less?  And why not?

• Content Count:  1,037
  • Days Won:  0

Hire Bull Dozer. I think we can all agree with that post.

• Content Count:  3,084
  • Days Won:  2

I would say something along the lines of:  "Judy, listen its time to realize we are in a basketball conference, lets stop jerking around and put most of our efforts and resources into building a dominate Big East basketball program.  Its not working in football, plus we gotta ride it out until, you know who, the big guys contract is up.  So lets give Stan what he deserves.  Think about the greatest tournament on earth and the USF Bulls being 1 of about 8 teams representing the Big East, the best basketball conference in the land.  Judy I can see you in the crowd with the students on Sportscenter now, doing those crazy bull horns the students do these days. All good things! (maybe a slight butt pat) Listen we start Monday at 8am sharp, see you there." 

The usf bulls will play in the ncaa tournament sometime in my lifetime...i know it!!

Archived