• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Notre Dame's fumble at the end of the Pitt game...

Kizarvexis

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,386
  • Days Won:  0

I really want ND to lose out the rest of the season, but I don't think that was a fumble at the end of the Pitt game. ND should have had the ball with 4th and 16 and over 2 minutes to go.

If you saw it, what do you think?

• Content Count:  2,569
  • Days Won:  1

I said the same thing initially, but after looking at it again, it appeared that the ball was already loose before the forward motion started.  When his arm started going forward, it was almost like he was batting a fumbled ball forward instead of actually throwing it.

• Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

ND fans are ******** all over the intrawebs tonight for that call. Even if just incomplete, they faced 4th and at least 16, and probably wouldn't have converted. Weis loves to whine about officiating, figured it would be nice to give him some fodder for it. It didn't decide the outcome to me, ND was getting dominated all night, and without that punt return from Tate, that game wouldn't have been so close on the scoreboard. It wasn't that close if you watched it.

• Content Count:  1,386

ND fans are ******** all over the intrawebs tonight for that call. Even if just incomplete, they faced 4th and at least 16, and probably wouldn't have converted. Weis loves to whine about officiating, figured it would be nice to give him some fodder for it. It didn't decide the outcome to me, ND was getting dominated all night, and without that punt return from Tate, that game wouldn't have been so close on the scoreboard. It wasn't that close if you watched it.

I agree that I didn't think they were going to convert 4th and 16 and they would have lost no matter anyways. I just thought that there wasn't the evidence to call that a fumble on review after it was called an incomplete pass on the field.

• Content Count:  3,307
  • Days Won:  1

The fumble is a convenient excuse to cover up the fact that Pittsburgh dominated them for most of the game.

• Content Count:  1,204

Looked to me like the ball was loose before he moved his arm forward.  I think Clausen pushed his arm forward to try to make it look like a pass to give them a chance.  He knew a fumble recovered by Pitt would end the game, so he tried to make his fumble not look like one.  Can't blame him for that and it almost worked.

What does ND do when Tate and Clausen are gone?  That's pretty much all they've got.  Tate got them back into the game single handedly with his awesome punt return.

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

pitt got lucky

but their luck will soon run out

• Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

pitt got lucky

but their luck will soon run out

Pitt dominated the game, Notre Dame was lucky to even be in it.

• Content Count:  971

I thought the ND fumble was just like the Cincy non-fumble TD.  Cruel jokes handed down from the replay booth.  If our Big East officials are out to protect our highest ranked teams, then it must be a new initiative, cause we could certainly have used a few more go our way in 2007 when we were in the top 10.  I don't usually agree with conspiracy theorists, but I'm open to this one.  GB!

Archived