• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Thoughts from SMU

Jamie

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,307
  • Days Won:  1

Things I liked:

- That was a really tight game. I don't think either team had more than a seven-point lead, but USF never looked nervous on offense. They ran their sets and took care of the ball, even when SMU started pressuring a little bit more near the end.

- SMU played a pretty passive zone for most of the game. They obviously weren't going to let anyone get to the hoop. USF broke it down in the second half by hitting some outside shots, but even with the lane stacked they were able to get it into the post.

- Gus looked great. He avoided foul trouble and he even hit a 3 which shocked everyone.

- Active hands and good hustle to loose balls.

- Free throws, especially down the stretch.

Things I didn't like:

- SMU started getting to the basket late and USF let them get there. I guess it was because they wanted to avoid three-point plays or scoring with the clock stopped, but it still bothered me that they could get in the lane.

- Quite a few ticky-tack and frustration fouls away from the basket.

- SMU's basketball band needs to update their set list. Two Michael Jackson songs and two Edgar Winter Group songs, and about 10 variations on their fight song. The 80s are over, guys.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,650
  • Days Won:  424

Things I didn't like:

- SMU started getting to the basket late and USF let them get there. I guess it was because they wanted to avoid three-point plays or scoring with the clock stopped, but it still bothered me that they could get in the lane.

- Quite a few ticky-tack and frustration fouls away from the basket.

- SMU's basketball band needs to update their set list. Two Michael Jackson songs and two Edgar Winter Group songs, and about 10 variations on their fight song. The 80s are over, guys.

Come on, man ..... They've got to get props for having Edgar Winter in their repertoire .... What two songs were they?

• Content Count:  16,416
  • Days Won:  43

I am glad they won on the road as they have a lot of new players that are just getting a feel for the college game. How did Noriega and Dumars look out there on the court? I know Noriega didnt play much, but it was good to hear that Stan got him out there on the court. It is all about getting these new players used to being out there in the court, so that they wont have that deer in the headlights when BIG EAST play comes up.

• Content Count:  1,390
  • Days Won:  0

Let's become a baseball and basketball school (again).

• Content Count:  16,416
  • Days Won:  43

How about let's become an everything school? Football is going to be fine in the long run. We just need to practice patience as fans. Leavitt is bringing in better talent than ever before, and the young kids willl grow up and learn to play better.

• Content Count:  3,307
  • Days Won:  1

Noriega and Dumars were both a little wobbly. It wasn't a good game to get them comfortable because it was never more than a 7-point lead and it wasn't going to take much to blow the game. I didn't notice Noriega very much... but Dumars airballed a wide-open 3 and committed a dumb foul or two.

That reminds me, Famous was pretty active but it didn't all show up on the score sheet. His up-and-under-the-rim dunk was incredible, I don't think there's ever been a player his size at USF that would have been athletic enough to do that.

• Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

Good win, but zero bench points. Isn't this one of the problems we have had in the past? 

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

Good win, but zero bench points. Isn't this one of the problems we have had in the past? 

Yes, it's been an issue in the past, but I am not going to worry about one game. If it continues, then I will start to worry.

Archived