• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

more prep time and bigger margin of loss?

bullsit

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  11
  • Days Won:  0

Don't know if some one has already pointed this out and I don't know if it leads to any clues but I found this peculiar...

In 2007 and 2008 we had 3 Thursday night games total and all with very short prep time...

This year we are granted two weeks of prep time before both Thursday night games (Cincinnati and Rutgers) and lose by margins much worse than those Thursday night games in 2007 & 2008...

Something at the basic prep level is horribly wrong perhaps? I won't pretend to be an expert but most would have to agree that with more prep time the results should be similar if not better...not 3 to infinite times worse....

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,413
  • Days Won:  472

Good observation...I thought that regarding Thursday games, we had a much better schedule this year.  Didn't seem to help.  It's as if we prepped like we did for the Sun Bowl.

• Content Count:  1,037

That is a general rule of life... more time to prepare SHOULD mean better results, not worse.

• Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

we're too predictable. we never have any "wrinkles".

I think that's why we have such problems in conference.

I believe an Oregon player said after the game that he knew exactly what to expect and we didn't do anything different. They prepared for us for a month, knowing exactly what we would do.

• Content Count:  10,207
  • Days Won:  2

Gotta remember that rutgers coaches had more time also, and they are better no doubt.

I thought this team wanted it bad after last year, guess not.

If I was Schiano I would talk total crap about us next year, no matter how mad

he makes our team there isn't anything we can do about it till we got some new coaches on offense.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  3,035
  • Days Won:  5

I believe an Oregon player said after the game that he knew exactly what to expect and we didn't do anything different. They prepared for us for a month, knowing exactly what we would do.

Wrinkles, sminkles. Everybody knows what Alabama is going to do. Everybody knows what Florida is going to do. That have few wrinkles, I don't know Bama to have any, yet nobody can stop them. Execution. Execution. Execution. We executed poorly last night. Just as we did against Pitt.

• Content Count:  971

It's as if we prepped like we did for the Sun Bowl.

We prepped exactly like we did for the Sun Bowl:  our coaches went out recruiting, while their coaches prepped for the game. GB!

• Content Count:  11

Gotta remember that rutgers coaches had more time also, and they are better no doubt.

Absolutely...but with the same 24 hours each day as them, just because they have the same prep time that justifies us getting blown out? The main thing is why is the margin sooo bad? That is the question...

• Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Wrinkles, sminkles. Everybody knows what Alabama is going to do. Everybody knows what Florida is going to do. That have few wrinkles, I don't know Bama to have any, yet nobody can stop them. Execution. Execution. Execution. We executed poorly last night. Just as we did against Pitt.

You're comparing our #58 offense to the #1 and #2 teams in the country??? That's laughable.

Let me know when we get a NFL quality offensive line and a NFL quality RB and I'll let you know when we can start imposing our will on a team.

Good offenses game plan with different looks. We don't. We run our high school offense out of the same set. We're too predictable. We try to impose our will by running the same stuff only we don't have tons more quality than our opponents and we certainly don't train them to be precise in the execution.

Good offenses keep opponents off balance. they're unpredictable.

BTW UF has scored 23,13,23,29, & 27 points in games. They're winning because of their #2 defense

Bama has scored 22,20,12, & 24. they're winning because of their #4 defense

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  3,035
  • Days Won:  5

You're comparing our #58 offense to the #1 and #2 teams in the country??? That's laughable.

Let me know when we get a NFL quality offensive line and a NFL quality RB and I'll let you know when we can start imposing our will on a team.

Good offenses game plan with different looks. We don't. We run our high school offense out of the same set. We're too predictable. We try to impose our will by running the same stuff only we don't have tons more quality than our opponents and we certainly don't train them to be precise in the execution.

Good offenses keep opponents off balance. they're unpredictable.

BTW UF has scored 23,13,23,29, & 27 points in games. They're winning because of their #2 defense

Bama has scored 22,20,12, & 24. they're winning because of their #4 defense

#1 or #2 ... I assume that's where we want to get? Isn't it? I compare to where I want to be, not where I'm at, so laugh away and have one on me.

We don't need a NFL offensive line, just a deep college offensive line that executes, which we don't have. And we knew that going into the season.

Great offenses are built around great offensive lines. See the afore mentioned #1 and #2.

Speaking of great offensive teams ... Florida on 3rd and short. What are they going to do? Everybody on the planet knows what's coming. Nobody can stop it on a consistent basis. They change up every now and then, less than once a game, though. No more than we do.

You'll get no argument out of me about the defense. I've said from spring practice that this teams goes as the defense goes. That was primarily because of the O-Line.

Archived