so Cinci is #1 in the BE after playing 4 QBs...

TRUTH D. Antagonist

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,254
  • Days Won:  2

...and yet we have 16-17 starters return this year with what was supposed to be the 1a or at least #2 QB in the conference and we can't compete.

what's wrong with this picture?

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  98,292
  • Days Won:  490

<don't forget to mention one had a broken arm>

<don't forget to mention one had a broken arm>

yeah, that too.

it kinda burns me to see Cinci at the #1 spot.

i'd kinda like to just go back to having WVU win the conference.

it pisses me off that both of the C-USA transplants that came to the BE with us could possibly win the league before we do...

not to mention UConn winning a share last year.

• Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

Cinci is just a flat out good team.  if titles were given out to whoever had the most returning starters then Cuse could start 22 freshman this year and win the Big East the next 3 years.

Cinci has an amazing defense, favorable confernce schedule up to this point, and a stud QB with the best WR tandem in the conf.

our problem is we have 7 decent WRs but not 1 GREAT WR.  5 decent RBs but not 1 great one.

we have weak corners and nate allen kinda got exposed this year after Mike and Trae left. 

our speed on defense has been used against us by misdirection and play fakes.

I still think we win out the rest of the year and win our bowl game and finish with our best record ever.  Mike Ford being healthy will help out tremendously

• Content Count:  6,929
  • Days Won:  22

Louisville 10 Cincy 7 in 2nd Q

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

...and yet we have 16-17 starters return this year with what was supposed to be the 1a or at least #2 QB in the conference and we can't compete.

what's wrong with this picture?

Cincinnati arguably has the best defense in the league and that will certainly help offset all of their injuries on offense. Kelly is also a great coach.

Louisville 10 Cincy 7 in 2nd Q

Cinci 28 Louisville 20 after 4th Q

• Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Cinci is just a flat out good team.  if titles were given out to whoever had the most returning starters then Cuse could start 22 freshman this year and win the Big East the next 3 years.

Cinci has an amazing defense, favorable confernce schedule up to this point, and a stud QB with the best WR tandem in the conf.

our problem is we have 7 decent WRs but not 1 GREAT WR.  5 decent RBs but not 1 great one.

we have weak corners and nate allen kinda got exposed this year after Mike and Trae left. 

I still think we win out the rest of the year and win our bowl game and finish with our best record ever.  Mike Ford being healthy will help out tremendously

We have the #2 scoring defense in the BE (behind only WVU) and we have held every conference opponent to below their scoring average. No we don't have our NFL corners anymore but statistically we are better this year.

Leavitt needs more from his offense. We can't expect a defense that lost 2 NFL corners and many other key contributors to make the crucial last stand every game like we have been used to in the past. That's why we lost to U of L and Pitt.

I think T Johnson and J hester are pretty good. Of course we didn't see Hester make a play against Cincy until 6 minutes left in the 4th quarter. 15, 27 and 5 yard completions on the same drive. How can we know if any of the RBs or WRs are great if they never get enough touches??

• Content Count:  5,901
  • Days Won:  5

We have the #2 scoring defense in the BE (behind only WVU) and we have held every conference opponent to below their scoring average. No we don't have our NFL corners anymore but statistically we are better this year.

Leavitt needs more from his offense. We can't expect a defense that lost 2 NFL corners and many other key contributors to make the crucial last stand every game like we have been used to in the past. That's why we lost to U of L and Pitt.

I think T Johnson and J hester are pretty good. Of course we didn't see Hester make a play against Cincy until 6 minutes left in the 4th quarter. 15, 27 and 5 yard completions on the same drive. How can we know if any of the RBs or WRs are great if they never get enough touches??

Our defense has been fine except for when we are trying to protect a late lead...

• Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Our defense has been fine except for when we are trying to protect a late lead...

It's seems like that is how Leavitt coaches. Always wants his defense to make the big stand in the end. It's been that way for years. we haven't been able to do that this year.

I really thought we were going to be able to rely on the offense to make the big drive at the end to win games this year. With all the returning starters, I really looked for them to be the strength of this team.

Our defense is holding BE opponents to below their scoring averages while our offense hasn't been scoring above our opponents defensive scoring averages all year. I thought it would be reverse coming into the year. Defense is outperforming expectations and offense is underperforming . 

Archived