• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Help with a Helmet

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,118
  • Days Won:  1

Ok so my 3 year old asks for a USF helmet everyday! He looks at me, smiles, and says "I know, maybe for Christmas." So obviously, I don't want a real one, just a kid type plastic one that he can wear. I see NFL ones all the time but can't find a USF one. I have tried Bulls Heaven, Ebay, sports stores and nothing. Any ideas? Anybody ever seen one? The helmet with the horns is no good - he was like "That's not a USF helmet." The joys of parenthood BUT hey it isn't like he wants a playstation yet! I have to feed his love for the Bulls! Thanks for any help or ideas you have.

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

I'll keep my eyes open for one. You may want to get a generic one and find someone with artistic ability to paint it for you. Sorry, I know this isn't really helpful, just a random thought.

• Content Count:  1,633
  • Days Won:  3

I'll keep my eyes open for one. You may want to get a generic one and find someone with artistic ability to paint it for you. Sorry, I know this isn't really helpful, just a random thought.

Don't sell yourself short.  I remember my Dad made me a Green Bay helmet when I was a kid like that and I cherished it.

1. Buy generic green helmet.

2. Get two car vinyl stickers from bookstore (roughly 4"x3" in size)... make sure they would be proportional to the helmet.

3. Place the stickers on both sides of the helmet. Since the helmet is round, you'll have to use a blow dryer (on high heat) and a credit card and push out the "fingers" caused by the concavity.

Or, you could go to Sign Image at Nebraska and Fletcher, tell them Matt sent you, and they can take care of you. Let me know if you go this route.

• Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

I have a miniature one I bought at Sear's or somewhere a few years ago...I'll mail it to you tomorrow if it will help.  He can't wear it, but it can sit on the TV.

Gotta start them young!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  17,490
  • Days Won:  13

that is very nice ncbull

• Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

An Authentic helmet will run you easily $250+, so like everyone else says, get a generic from Dicks or w/e and detail it yourself.

• Content Count:  1,254
  • Days Won:  0

Don't know what USF games you've been watching, but last time I checked our helmets were gold...

• Content Count:  5,249
  • Days Won:  2

Don't know what USF games you've been watching, but last time I checked our helmets were gold...

:Duh

:Duh

lol... it was late when I wrote that  ::)

Archived