• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bruce Feldmans Blog- N.C. & USF

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  573
  • Days Won:  0

At issue: what if there are more than two undefeated teams from BCS conferences? Who gets left out this time? USC, which is the elite powerhouse according to pollsters in the sport right now? Oklahoma? Or an SEC champ that would have to leapfrog someone to make the top two to avoid Auburn's fate a few years back? Heck, you could throw USF in the mix too, although given how far back the Bulls are and the looks of their remaining schedule and it's no sure thing they'd be ranked higher than the BYU-Utah winner.

The upshot: I don't think USC can afford more than one less-than-impressive win. The Trojans must display that aura of invincibility. They need shutouts and blow outs. Beating unranked Arizona 21-14 or Oregon State 17-10 might spark some indecision in the pollsters minds. That said, I don't think a team outside of OU or the SEC champ could leapfrog an undefeated USC team, meaning I don't see Mizzou, Texas or USF have the schedule strength to make such a jump at this stage.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/blog/index?entryID=3607129&name=feldman_bruce

There's a lot more to the article and I only posted the parts with USF.  I've always thought of Feldman as a level headed writer.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,501
  • Days Won:  0

I agree.  Even if USF went undefeated the BE really is not that strong this year.  i doubt we go undefeated but you really have to look at our schedule and had Pitt and WV already not blown up then we may have at least been in the conversation at the end of the season with a 12-0 record.  We really needed Pitt to come in undefeated to RJ and for WV also to have a good year.  You throw that in with KU maybe making the Big 12 champioship game, UCF winning C-USA and NC ST having a good year then we should be in the disscusion.  Otherwise lets just hope to win the BE this year and enjoy our first BCS Bowl game.

Archived