• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Mompremier makes appearance at practice

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,277
  • Days Won:  0

Per Greg's Blog:

Here's Tuesday's practice report from correspondent Joe Rienzi ...

TAMPA — USF coach Jim Leavitt said he liked the energy at Tuesday’s practice — a practice that had a welcome spectator on the sidelines.

Senior linebacker Brouce Mompremier, who suffered a neck injury during Saturday’s game against FIU, attended Tuesday’s practice. He was walking around in a T-shirt and shorts and without a brace around his neck. The team gathered around him after chanting "Brouce Mompremier" and he led a chant after stretching drills.

"It means a lot (to the team) just to see him up and walking around," USF defensive coordinator Wally Burnham said. "I’m sure it will make the other guys run harder and practice harder."

Leavitt said it was nice to have Mompremier at practice, and that it provided some inspiration for the team.

• Content Count:  2,478

This team is ready for NC State. Between that today and the talk of NC State's Tom O'Brien. I'm not too worried about this weekend. Should be fun to watch.

• Content Count:  2,019
  • Days Won:  2

AMAZING to hear he is up and lifting morale!  I heard he may only be out 2 games.  But they really need to watch him.  I know injuries like this can seem ok but they only take a little bit to make them worse than before.  As much as I want himon the field he need to be 110% before they consider that.

• Content Count:  14,408
  • Days Won:  13

Per Greg's Blog:

Here's Tuesday's practice report from correspondent Joe Rienzi ...

TAMPA — USF coach Jim Leavitt said he liked the energy at Tuesday’s practice — a practice that had a welcome spectator on the sidelines.

Senior linebacker Brouce Mompremier, who suffered a neck injury during Saturday’s game against FIU, attended Tuesday’s practice. He was walking around in a T-shirt and shorts and without a brace around his neck. The team gathered around him after chanting "Brouce Mompremier" and he led a chant after stretching drills.

"It means a lot (to the team) just to see him up and walking around," USF defensive coordinator Wally Burnham said. "I’m sure it will make the other guys run harder and practice harder."

Leavitt said it was nice to have Mompremier at practice, and that it provided some inspiration for the team.

SWEET! Y'all know what having Alstott on the sidelines did for Tampa last year!

• Content Count:  136

Yeah, that's awesome to see Brouce is doing well. Maybe this can be the inspirational story for this year.

I'd love to see the Finish Strong motto come back!

• Content Count:  1,260

Hmm..."Brouce Mompremier" has too many syllables to chant effectively....perhaps just "Bruuuuuuuuce"? Anyways, couldn't be happier to hear that he's walking around.

Archived