• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

What We Learned this Weekend

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,254
  • Days Won:  0

Per ESPN:

4. South Florida isn't dominant yet. It was easy to predict that the Bulls would suffer a case of the blahs at Florida International after two emotional games. But the 17-9 win over a team that had lost 25 of its previous 26 was more than just a letdown. Here's what Jim Leavitt said about the Bulls' performance:

"The mistakes we made offensively. Un-be-lievable. That's junior high stuff. I know our players don't want to do that, we have to figure out how to coach them better.

We made every mistake you can possibly make. Could you make more than we did tonight? Boy, you'd have to work at it.

We just messed around the whole game, I don't know. There's no excuses, there really isn't. If we want to be a real good team, we have to find out a way to change."

USF won, but great teams take care of business and blow out these kinds of teams.

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

The NC State game will be very telling.  We should blow them out to the tune that South Carolina did in the second half.

• Content Count:  4,139
  • Days Won:  1

The NC State game will be very telling.  We should blow them out to the tune that South Carolina did in the second half.

I'll be praying...

• Content Count:  2,478

This Big East blogger is pretty accurate with his stuff. I really enjoy reading it.

• Content Count:  1,304
  • Days Won:  2

Is it just me, or can we not run up the middle?

• Content Count:  1,985

I know I can't anymore. 

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Kelly has been able to run up the middle in the carries he got against both UCF and FIU. He recovered his own fumble on his last carry, so maybe that kept him from playing more.

http://web1.ncaa.org/mfb/playerDetail.jsp?yr=2008&org=651&player=39

• Content Count:  1,304
  • Days Won:  2

We need more Richard Kelly.

He's like a human avalanche

How about this from CFN:

South Florida … If South Florida wants to be taken seriously, it has to start playing like it. Any team with any hopes of being considered among the elite of the elite shouldn’t have so many problems with Florida International. There was the emotional fright of the Brouce Mompremier injury, and the team played poorly throughout, but this team is supposed to be special. It didn’t play like it, and now comes the battle on the road against a resurgent NC State team.

http://cfn.scout.com/2/793149.html

Archived