• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

It's on Now!!!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

From Greg's blog...

It's only Monday, and we already have quotes to pass along, a full five days before USF travels to Raleigh to face N.C. State, fresh off its overtime upset of No. 15 East Carolina.

It comes from N.C. State coach Tom O'Brien, who talked with coaches at other colleges in the offseason about the spread offense and how to stop it. O'Brien told local media last Thursday that USF wasn't one of the schools he consulted.

"Did you watch them against Oregon?" O'Brien asked, referencing the Ducks' 56-21 trouncing of the Bulls in the Sun Bowl in El Paso. "Go look at that game. That was against a spread. I'm not saying anything about South Florida's defense, but if they are the gurus, we better go somewhere else."

I'm thinking that should motivate USF's defense -- and its defensive coaches -- just a little this week ...

I think NC State is going to get to see some gurus in action, up close and personal.  ;D

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  145
  • Days Won:  0

From Greg's blog...

It's only Monday, and we already have quotes to pass along, a full five days before USF travels to Raleigh to face N.C. State, fresh off its overtime upset of No. 15 East Carolina.

It comes from N.C. State coach Tom O'Brien, who talked with coaches at other colleges in the offseason about the spread offense and how to stop it. O'Brien told local media last Thursday that USF wasn't one of the schools he consulted.

"Did you watch them against Oregon?" O'Brien asked, referencing the Ducks' 56-21 trouncing of the Bulls in the Sun Bowl in El Paso. "Go look at that game. That was against a spread. I'm not saying anything about South Florida's defense, but if they are the gurus, we better go somewhere else."

I'm thinking that should motivate USF's defense -- and its defensive coaches -- just a little this week ...

I think NC State is going to get to see some gurus in action, up close and personal.   ;D

LOL...and I was beginning to get worried about this game.

• Content Count:  760

I wouldnt say we are the gurus; but we have managed to shut down what used to be one of the most exhaulted spread offenses in the country in WVU...TWICE.

Oregon was....well....awful. But I like to think of it as a rare fluke and lapse that only happens sparingly.

Coach O'Brein should be focusing on how he is going to score a point, not running his mouth.

• Content Count:  1,981

That is awesome! I'm not worried about this game anymore, as long as the offense doesn't cough up the ball.

• Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

Bad move we played like crap last year vs fau and then turned around and spanked ucf time

to turn it around play a full game of football and kill this nc state team

• Content Count:  242

i dont think nc state has a johnathan stewart either.......but who knows

• Content Count:  5,241

Ive been waiting for someone to screw up and give us some material! Thanx O'brien

Archived