• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Vegas: USF opens as a 10 point favorite over NC State

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,475
  • Days Won:  13

Interesting.  Of course, we were 28 point favorites over FIU...

http://www.vegasinsider.com/college-football/odds/las-vegas/

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  2,478
  • Days Won:  0

Vegas is pretty accurate at picking most wins.

I think our players are embarassed and will play with much more emotion this weekend.

• Content Count:  2,461

10 points sounds about right. I refused to pick USF to cover the spread against FIU.

IMO, any of us should've looked at that 28 point favorite crap and called bullsh1t.

USF just doesn't do that (when they are supposed to). I couldn't believe the number of people here buying it.

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

All Vegas thinks about is the $$$$$.  It is always nice to be able to cover the spread, but as long as we beat NC State this weekend that's all that counts.  NC State is the other non-conference BCS team we play this year. It is important to win over them.  It sets the tone for the start of BE play.

• Content Count:  743

that sounds about right. I am thinking usf by 12...

• Content Count:  2,661

That's an awful lot of points in a battle of defensive teams where the road favorite just struggled to finish off one of the worst teams in America and the home underdog just upset a Top 25 team.

I bet that line shrinks to 8 or less.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  2,118
  • Days Won:  1

USF is 0-3 AGS. As I told many people - The 14 point lock against UCF was a sure sign the wouldn't cover. Vegas had 89% of the action on USF that game. Being a 4 to 3.5 point fav against Kansas was wrong because Kansas was said to be a 6pt fav if teh game was in Kansas. The FIU line was WAY too high. the only bets I have made on USF so far was them to win the BCS because I was getting 150-1 (hey that is worth $10). And $50 for them to win the BE at 3-1. Vegas knows what they are doing. Remember they want to be around 50% on each side so if USF continues to NOT cover that is when you start to pound the Bulls because it will start to go the other way. 

• Content Count:  16,420
  • Days Won:  43

I will just be happy if USF wins by 1pt against NC STATE. We need to protect the **** ball to have a chance. None of that fumbling crap. Also, I was impressed by NC STATE'S QB against ECU. He can throw on the run as he reminds me of a Grothe type QB. At least our defense should be used to that style of play.

• Content Count:  3,403

10 points sounds about right. I refused to pick USF to cover the spread against FIU.

IMO, any of us should've looked at that 28 point favorite crap and called bullsh1t.

USF just doesn't do that (when they are supposed to). I couldn't believe the number of people here buying it.

Oh?  Try TN-Martin this year, and UNC, UCF, Syracuse, and Louisville last year.  Dominated.

Archived