• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

did all the off-field BS last week affect our play against FIU ?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,249
  • Days Won:  2

we had the local media from here to Orlando raising an enormous fuss about the behavior of our fans at Kansas...

we had our star quarterback fueling the fire by bashing our fans publicly to the media, not to mention taking heat nationally [i.e. Jim Rome] for demanding athletic stipends for players...

we even had big-whigs at USF Athletics and TSA spending the week devising new tailgating and stadium rules for game day in order to "salvage" our program's image on the national stage...

now i know most of this stuff is secondary to the players, but they don't live in a bubble.

with such a supposedly weak, "comfortable" opponent and easy win in FIU, is it possible that all the off-field ******** this past week contributed to the lack of focus our team displayed on the field?

i know we as fans spent most of last week focused on everything BUT the FIU game.  maybe that mentality wasn't exclusive to just us as fans.

• Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

Many on the board were saying how last week felt like an off-week.  I can only assume that the team felt the same way.  Some of that off field stuff probably did have some impact on the "off-week" feel. JMHO

• Content Count:  1,387
  • Days Won:  1

Many on the board were saying how last week felt like an off-week.  I can only assume that the team felt the same way.  Some of that off field stuff probably did have some impact on the "off-week" feel. JMHO

Find it hard to believe that CJL would let the team view last week in that manner. IMO

• Content Count:  2,461
  • Days Won:  0

^

It might be hard to believe, but the team has come out and said as much in the past. Grothe, re: our FAU debacle last year said "we might have been looking past them a little bit." It happens. I don't think you can ever completely eliminate it.

i don't think it's an issue of whether it DID affect them, but HOW MUCH it did.

when the star QB and focal point of our entire offense is being asked by the media about the "crisis" of how bad our fans behaved, and he responds with "horror" stories of his own, it simply is not possible that it wasn't on their mind.

clearly it was... but again, the question is how much.

i don't think that with all the stuff swirling around the media and in the athletic offices that it played a factor in shifting the focus away from FIU and onto other things.

• Content Count:  3,403
  • Days Won:  0

This is just getting ridiculous.  They were supposed to learn from the FAU game last year.  They were supposed to learn from the FIU game 2 years ago.  They were supposed to learn from the UCF game THIS YEAR.  Gameplan as if you have to play your best, and actually do it!

We have wasted a year of eligibility for BJ Daniels and Daniel Bryant if we can't get them in the game.

This is just getting ridiculous.  They were supposed to learn from the FAU game last year.  They were supposed to learn from the FIU game 2 years ago.  They were supposed to learn from the UCF game THIS YEAR.  Gameplan as if you have to play your best, and actually do it!

We have wasted a year of eligibility for BJ Daniels and Daniel Bryant if we can't get them in the game.

sad but true.

• Content Count:  12,466
  • Days Won:  25

See? This time I agree 100% with you.

GO BULLS!

Archived