• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

From one BIG fan on the upper left coast.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  26
  • Days Won:  0

Wow! What a game.

Congratulations, Bulls. I was more a less a silent supporter of USF since the Sun Bowl, but Friday's game had me out of my seat screaming! Awesome win. It was easily the most entertaining game of the weekend, but I’m guessing it was tougher for y’all, since you’re emotionally invested.

I suppose Purdue/Oregon was the second-most entertaining game of the weekend, but I was so nauseated through most it that I really couldn’t enjoy it.

I should qualify my viewership. Since the game was on early here, I could only catch the replay, and so stayed up with a friend until 2:30 a.m. or so watching it. Of course, on the replay, they cut out a lot of stuff (like most of the last 7 minutes of regulation) and it seemed like they specifically cut USF’s offensive possessions over that span, so maybe you were a little more frustrated with the team than I could see on the tape delay, but I was very impressed.

If you follow pro football, I’m sure you’re unimpressed with Joey Harrington, but he was a stud in college, and he remains one of the most beloved Oregon players in history. The reason I mention this is that my buddy and I agreed that Matt Grothe is basically Joey with wheels. He has an amazing touch on his passes, an excellent head for the game, and he can burn a defense with his legs. The guy is a player. Also, I don’t know where Selvie went during the Sun Bowl, but he looked like the best defensive player in the country against the Jayhawks. Just amazing.

I’ve considered the Fighting Manginos something of a fraud since they rose from the ashes last season, but they played very well Friday, they just got beaten by a better team.

The AP poll is closer to accurate than coaches’ poll, except that I think USF should be #8. You’re better than Tech, ‘ Bama, Auburn or Wisconsin. USF is truly the “Beast in the East.†Y'all look WAY better than the Gators.

Congrats again! Gore ‘em! 

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

Thanks for the support!

I thought Oregon was done for in that game.  I guess those 20-3 leads just aren't what they used to be  ;)

• Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

Really digging the love from the Ducks out west.  Thank you!  As noted before, despite the butt-whipping you put on us, most Ducks fans were cool and classy folks to be around.

I haven't watched the Sun Bowl replay since the debacle in El Paso, so I couldn't tell you what happened with Selvie in that game except he was matched up against a huge offensive line.  Despite the small number of sacks/TFLs so far, it looks like the Kansas game was another step forward for him.  He was a menace out there.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  17,453
  • Days Won:  13

Thanks. I caught the end of the Oregon game. You guys came back and finished styrong. I wouldnt mind having another shot at OU in a BCS game. Go Bulls, Go Ducks.

• Content Count:  7,890
  • Days Won:  0

same to you. Your game was a good one as well

• Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

Great comeback by the Ducks on Saturday. They were able to turn the tide in a game it really looked like they were going to lose.

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

I watched the game. It was a nail biter.

I hope that Roper is OK.

Good luck.

Maybe we'll get a rematch down the road somewhere and then we can show you the South Florida Flip.  ;D

• Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

Yeah, what is the status of Roper? Saw that he hurt his knee, looked like the one he had the brace on. Hope it's nothing too serious

• Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

Roper out 2 - 4 weeks with a partial tear of (... i think it was mcl) a ligament in knee.

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Thanks, and right back at ya!  I love that Roper kid, I hope he comes back quick.

Grothe's passing looks a lot better this year.  In the Kansas game in particular, he stood in the pocket a couple of times when I think he would have run last year. 

Lots of green in the BCS this year!

Archived