• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

How truly good is KU this year?

mw98gt

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  498
  • Days Won:  0

I would like to know truly how good KU is, because the KU fans seem overly confident, mainly citing our less than stellar performance against UCF, but it appears to me that they have not played anyone yet this season, home games against FIU and LaTech, and they are touting these stats as another reason for beating us.  I am sure their opponents would not fare well against @UCF, especially if they were wearing USF jerseys.

My main worries are special teams and turnover ratio.

So on paper, considering intangibles, and no bias (hopefully), how do the two teams stack up against eachother for this Friday?

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

I dunno but we are about to find out.  All i know is going into UCF is a much harder test than anything they have seen so far. Hopefully there is no emotional hang over from saturday. 

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

we will find out friday night

if we take care of the football and play good special teams we win this game IMO

• Content Count:  498

we will find out friday night

if we take care of the football and play good special teams we win this game IMO

Seems like your keys to winning mimmick my worries, so I agree on the W if we can keep those factors in the green.

Of course I will probably have this same worry with every opponent.  I do want to see our corners some more, but I am confident in the rest of our D.  I am confident in our O even with an avg at best O-line.  So the main issue is the special teams.  If it wasnt for special teams issues the UCF game aint close IMHO.

• Content Count:  14

I would like to know truly how good KU is, because the KU fans seem overly confident, mainly citing our less than stellar performance against UCF, but it appears to me that they have not played anyone yet this season, home games against FIU and LaTech, and they are touting these stats as another reason for beating us.  I am sure their opponents would not fare well against @UCF, especially if they were wearing USF jerseys.

So on paper, considering intangibles, and no bias (hopefully), how do the two teams stack up against eachother for this Friday?

La Tech just might fare pretty darn well against UCF.  They did beat Ole Miss.  But go ahead and downplay them as a nobody, and you still got Todd Reesing completing 32-38 for 400+ IN THE FREAKING RAIN!

• Content Count:  63

All I will say is that these ESPN analysts really don't know what they're talking about....they predicted us to lose almost every week once Big XII play started last year, and we consistently made them look stupid. They obviously don't pay attention when take the field, and for that reason they think it's fair to write us off every time we play a team that "sounds" like they would have a better squad.

If you watched us play at all last year then you should expect the same exact thing...only more experienced. We do have 2 freshman tackles, but they are giants and our offense can work around them if they play inadequate. We lost Talib, but we still have 2 proven corners who are arguably more consistent...well one of them will be out for this game but his replacement is more athletic and played well last week. We lost a great DT, but we still have the size to at least plug the run..and our linebackers can make up for any mistakes.

My prediction would be that if you let Reesing get comfortable early in the game...you will not be able to stop the offense due to the caliber of our receivers at the moment. If it turns out to be a shootout then I like our chances due to the fact that our defense is experienced enough to make any team stumble a few times. That being said I think there is a very good chance Reesing could get rattled due to the sheer magnitude of the game and stadium, as well as your teams capability to get pressure. We can only hope Reesing has matured a little since last year, and will no longer be rattled by weather or noise (Arrowhead last year). I guess what I am getting at is if our O-line does its job and Reesing stays composed, there will be a lot of points for your offense to score in order to keep up.

• Content Count:  14

I think Kansas is a solid team all around.

And considering we played them in 2006-- we kind of know a little about them and how we match up in certain areas.

All indications point to a close, hard fought game. Kansas is the real deal

in 2006 you didn't see

our QB, any of our WRs (our strong point on offense), either of our cornerbacks, either of our tackles, the guards didn't start then ,a couple of the LB's didn't start then, pretty much the entire team was different in fact.  We even had a different d coordinator.

• Content Count:  3,403

La Tech just might fare pretty darn well against UCF.  They did beat Ole Miss.  But go ahead and downplay them as a nobody, and you still got Todd Reesing completing 32-38 for 400+ IN THE FREAKING RAIN!

I assume you mean Mississippi State, not Ole Miss, which so far this year is a little more dubious.  Ole Miss almost beat Wake and beat Memphis.  Miss State hasn't beaten a real team yet.

Grothe had 115 yards in barely over 1 quarter in the first game in the same wet conditions, but we don't play our QB when he doesn't need to be in the game.

• Content Count:  3,403

I think Kansas is a solid team all around.

And considering we played them in 2006-- we kind of know a little about them and how we match up in certain areas.

All indications point to a close, hard fought game. Kansas is the real deal

in 2006 you didn't see

our QB, any of our WRs (our strong point on offense), either of our cornerbacks, either of our tackles, the guards didn't start then ,a couple of the LB's didn't start then, pretty much the entire team was different in fact.  We even had a different d coordinator.

Your tackles didn't start because they are redshirt freshmen this year.  Good luck.

• Content Count:  2,213
  • Days Won:  3

Regarding their talent, they are good.  Great passing game (like 30 passing tds last year).  Well coached.

As we learned last week, it is hard to play (1) on the road, (2) at night.  Already this season, you can ask Tennessee (UCLA) and South Carolina (Vandy).

Kansas will learn that this week.

IMO, the worst thing going for KU is that we hung 500 yards on the road against a solid team (there I said it) that gave us everything (they still only had like 240 yds), won the game and we have been treated all week like we freaking lost.  This year the UCF game is the gift that keeps giving.

Archived