• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

KU Fan Appreciation Thread

Bull Dozer

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Of all the KU fans that have been on the board so far there hasn't been a single douche.  Maybe im just overreacting a bit because of the douchebaggery we endure from the UCiFers but im happy to actually interact with a classy fan base.  Props to you fellas and heres to a great game Friday.  :cheers

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  3,307
  • Days Won:  1

I don't think anyone ran into any trouble in Lawrence a couple years ago. Maybe the random student who drank a little too much and fired off some mild smack talk. But other than that, it was a good time.

• Content Count:  936
  • Days Won:  0

I've noticed the same. Great to have some classy interaction with other school's fans.

Reminds me of Auburn, a tad - who earned a fan based on the way they handle the opposition and strangers..

• Content Count:  127

Of all the KU fans that have been on the board so far there hasn't been a single *****.  Maybe im just overreacting a bit because of the ******b*g**ry we endure from the UCiFers but im happy to actually interact with a classy fan base.  Props to you fellas and heres to a great game Friday.   :cheers

It's going to be a great game and I will be rooting for you guys after friday just because of how classy you guys have been.  The only thing that irritates me is the fat jokes about our coach but that's just cause after 6 years it's kinda old.  However I do realize we have only played one other time so you guys need your time to take a poke at him.  I just was really happy to see the compliments you guys had for our coach and players.  I still however think KU wins by 14+.  Just a personal opinion. 

I am hoping for a great game. A two TD loss, as you predict, would definitely be a horrible start to my weekend.

But regarding your comment about the fat jokes... and don't take this as a slight...

I am actually worried about his health. Being a college football coach must be incredibly stressful (I've seen him get pretty flustered and being a fan is stressful enough), leading to high blood pressure as it is. Excessive weight only takes a bigger toll on the body, often leading to diabetes, heart disease and joint pains.

I can't help but wonder why he doesn't opt for a lap-band surgery or something. I mean, he makes money and I'm sure he would even get paid to do it, since he would be one of the highest profile people to do it. I'd hope someone in his family talks to him about it.

Anyway, I don't know why I'm posting this, maybe just venting because I've had this discussion with my wife about Mangino in the past. I'd hate to see a great coach get sick.

• Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

Of all the KU fans that have been on the board so far there hasn't been a single *****.  Maybe im just overreacting a bit because of the ******b*g**ry we endure from the UCiFers but im happy to actually interact with a classy fan base.  Props to you fellas and heres to a great game Friday.   :cheers

It's going to be a great game and I will be rooting for you guys after friday just because of how classy you guys have been.  The only thing that irritates me is the fat jokes about our coach but that's just cause after 6 years it's kinda old.  However I do realize we have only played one other time so you guys need your time to take a poke at him.  I just was really happy to see the compliments you guys had for our coach and players.  I still however think KU wins by 14+.  Just a personal opinion. 

First off, you guys have been great fans to have around and I hope that your traveling contingent is treated well.  I know I'll correct those who get out of line, and I hope other Bulls fans do as well to ensure that KU fans have a blast.

That being said... I don't think anyone is critical of Mangino as a coach.  The guy is a FANTASTIC coach, his players love him, and he's good with the media.  He reminds me a lot of Leavitt.  Pretty much all we have is fat jokes, because the guy is a class act and great at what he does.

• Content Count:  80

if any of you KU guys or gals are looking for a place to have a beer or 10 I'll be in the north side of lot 6 (south side of the stadium).  Lot 8 has general parking it's only one lot away.

I'll be the good looking guy with the USF hat on :-)

I am hoping for a great game. A two TD loss, as you predict, would definitely be a horrible start to my weekend.

But regarding your comment about the fat jokes... and don't take this as a slight...

I am actually worried about his health. Being a college football coach must be incredibly stressful (I've seen him get pretty flustered and being a fan is stressful enough), leading to high blood pressure as it is. Excessive weight only takes a bigger toll on the body, often leading to diabetes, heart disease and joint pains.

I can't help but wonder why he doesn't opt for a lap-band surgery or something. I mean, he makes money and I'm sure he would even get paid to do it, since he would be one of the highest profile people to do it. I'd hope someone in his family talks to him about it.

Anyway, I don't know why I'm posting this, maybe just venting because I've had this discussion with my wife about Mangino in the past. I'd hate to see a great coach get sick.

There are "rumors" that he got a lap-band installed in the off season, he mysteriously was in the Hospital for a day or two for "routine checkups", but he has noticeably lost some weight. 

• Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

There are "rumors" that he got a lap-band installed in the off season, he mysteriously was in the Hospital for a day or two for "routine checkups", but he has noticeably lost some weight. 

If he did... best of luck to him, that's awesome.  My buddy got one and dropped like 100 pounds in 6 months or so.  They work.

I've always wondered how he hasn't had a massive heart attack yet, being in his line of work.  I hope that if it's true that it works out.

If he did... best of luck to him, that's awesome.  My buddy got one and dropped like 100 pounds in 6 months or so.  They work.

I've always wondered how he hasn't had a massive heart attack yet, being in his line of work.  I hope that if it's true that it works out.

i'm guessing his problem is more thyroid related as his familly (wife, son, daughter) all are healthy looking, hell his daughter even has a little cuteness to her.

Archived