• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Keys to the Game USF Vs KU

Bull Dozer

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

KU fans are also welcome in here as it would be interesting to hear your thoughts on what you need to do to get outta Rayjay with a W.  Here are Mine:

Offense

1. Establish the run-KU's offense gets all the attention but their D is very stout and they have one of the best LB units in the country.  If we are one dimensional against them they will make big plays against our O.  Also a strong running game will help to wear them down in our heat and humidity.

2. Protect the football-The offense can't afford to turn the ball over and give KU's offense a short field, if we do that it will be a very long night.  Matt has to make good decisions and throw the ball away and not try to foce it in there like his 2nd int vs UCF. 

3. No Dropsies-We dropped some key balls last week and this week we cannot afford to make those same mental lapses this week. 

4. Get TJ the ball-When TJ gets the ball good thing happens.  TJ being injured was a huge part that most over look with last seasons 3 game loosing streak.  TJ is a game breaker who almost always seems to step up when we need a big play. 

Defense

1. Bring the heat-And i dont just mean in terms of pass rush.  We need to disrupt their WR's at the line and throw off the timing of their offense.  We also must not let Reesing have time to set his feet and go through his progressions, if hes allowed to do this we have very little chance of winning this game IMO.  We need to redirect the Wr's and make Reesing move his feet.  Also our athletes up front are certainly fast enough to run Reesing down and make some big plays in the process.

2. We need Honeybuns errrrr Turnovers-We need to get some TO's this week to help keep Reesing and company off the field.  Also giving our offense a short field doesn't hurt either

3. Wrap up-We can't afford to tackle bad in this game because KU's WR's are very good after the catch and will break some plays on us of we don't wrap up and minimize YAC. 

4. No big plays- KU's offense is going to move the ball so the last thing we need to do is allow quick scores.  We need to make them work hard and take as many snaps as possible to get a score. 

Special Teams

1. Great kick coverage-Giving KU a short field will only lead to bad things.  We need to pin them deep and force them to go on long drives.

2. Can't leave points on the board- We have stuggled on FG's so far in this young season and we are going to need every point we can get this friday. 

I think if we do those things success will naturally follow.  What are yours? 

• Content Count:  6,480
  • Days Won:  35

KU fans are also welcome in here as it would be interesting to hear your thoughts on what you need to do to get outta Rayjay with a W.  Here are Mine:

Offense

1. Establish the run-KU's offense gets all the attention but their D is very stout and they have one of the best LB units in the country.  If we are one dimensional against them they will make big plays against our O.  Also a strong running game will help to wear them down in our heat and humidity.

2. Protect the football-The offense can't afford to turn the ball over and give KU's offense a short field, if we do that it will be a very long night.  Matt has to make good decisions and throw the ball away and not try to foce it in there like his 2nd int vs UCF. 

3. No Dropsies-We dropped some key balls last week and this week we cannot afford to make those same mental lapses this week. 

4. Get TJ the ball-When TJ gets the ball good thing happens.  TJ being injured was a huge part that most over look with last seasons 3 game loosing streak.  TJ is a game breaker who almost always seems to step up when we need a big play. 

Defense

1. Bring the heat-And i dont just mean in terms of pass rush.  We need to disrupt their WR's at the line and throw off the timing of their offense.  We also must not let Reesing have time to set his feet and go through his progressions, if hes allowed to do this we have very little chance of winning this game IMO.  We need to redirect the Wr's and make Reesing move his feet.  Also our athletes up front are certainly fast enough to run Reesing down and make some big plays in the process.

2. We need Honeybuns errrrr Turnovers-We need to get some TO's this week to help keep Reesing and company off the field.  Also giving our offense a short field doesn't hurt either

3. Wrap up-We can't afford to tackle bad in this game because KU's WR's are very good after the catch and will break some plays on us of we don't wrap up and minimize YAC. 

4. No big plays- KU's offense is going to move the ball so the last thing we need to do is allow quick scores.  We need to make them work hard and take as many snaps as possible to get a score. 

Special Teams

1. Great kick coverage-Giving KU a short field will only lead to bad things.  We need to pin them deep and force them to go on long drives.

2. Can't leave points on the board- We have stuggled on FG's so far in this young season and we are going to need every point we can get this friday. 

I think if we do those things success will naturally follow.  What are yours? 

I like to keep things simple; Score more points than they do.  ;)

• Content Count:  33
  • Days Won:  0

The rest of D-line needs to step up and put more pressure. Against UCF, Selvie was pretty much a non-factor since he was double teamed the entire game.

Although UCF's O couldn't do much, there were no sacks. I'm sure KU is looking at the game tapes on how to contain him.

• Content Count:  7,890
  • Days Won:  0

I allways say:

A) run the ball

B) Stop the run

C) Dont turn the ball over

Oh score more than they do

• Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

Keys to the game will be:

1. Buie, Harris, Genus, Marshall and whoever else lines up on the DL with Selvie will need to step up when they double team George.

2. Linebackers and nickle backers will need to limit the YAC on the short, quick hitters.

3.  We need to get off the field on defense when we have them in 3rd and long.  This plagued us 2 years ago at KU and it killed us at Rutgers and UCONN last year.

4.  Don't give them any extra chances.  No stupid penalties for losing composure.  We have a good class of upperclassmen.  Play like it.

5.  MUST play disciplined, assignment football on defense and kickoff coverage.  Don't be out of position.  Don't let them use our speed against us by trying to do too much.  Same on kickoff's stay in your lanes and don't overpursue.

Offense...big time players make big plays in key situations.

Just let Grothe have  have an average game.  Let the RBs do their thing and the receivers must hold on to the ball.

Clock management at the end of both halves.  They have an explosive offense.  Don't give them any extra snaps. I have been saying this since the WVU game last year and it almost kiled us the other day.

The biggest key to this game will be on the coaches.  Gregory has to show he can make the adjustments when it is needed and most of all, they cannot make any stupid errors in judgement.  Last time in Kansas we tried to run the ball on the first series because Smith and Gregory thought we had half a yard in reality it was more than two. 

In a close game, coaches, please please think before you make a decision. No cutesy plays when we can use our stregths.  No fake punts from our own 20 yard line like we did at Cincy two years ago.

We can win this game if we don't beat ourselves.

• Content Count:  66,110
  • Days Won:  172

turnovers

if usf plays likethey did against ftu/ou.//oc kansas willwin

• Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

The biggest thing we need to improve on from last week to this week is special teams. Their offense will move enough on its own, we don't need to help them out by giving them short fields

Guest BasketBull.

1) Our offensive line: We've got to move the ball on the ground.

2) We've got to blitz and come after their QB.

3) Special teams: If were the kind of 'special' teams that ride the short, yellow bus, we are in BIG trouble.

4) Good coaching decisions: We need to have a good plan or else this is the Sun Bowl II.  :'(

I say we need a human sacrifice! We've got to make the football god(s) happy for a win.

Archived