• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

SunTrust Building

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,777
  • Days Won:  0

Is the SunTrust Building going Green for the game?

• Content Count:  71

The person (at the building's management company) who was instrumental in helping get it done last year has been contacted.  We should know something later today or tomorrow.  I will post it when we have a confirmed answer. 

Greg has it... and the answer is no.

But don't get mad:

The answer, unfortunately, is no, as the SunTrust building is undergoing an overhaul to the lighting at the top of the 36-story building. So says Nancy Brusher, vice president of marketing for the Stiles Corporation, the Fort Lauderdale-based company that owns and operates the building.

"We will not be able to have the building lighted," said Brusher, noting a change from the current fluorescent lights to a new computerized LED system that will allow for future color changes at the push of a button.

http://blogs.tampabay.com/usf/2008/09/usf-kansas-no-f.html

• Content Count:  7,890

sounds like a good idea this will allow the ST building to be changed for all big games in tampa. How cool would that be to see it in Green and Gold for every night game.

I'm sure they will change it for those pro teams too ;)

• Content Count:  936

That's actually great news...regarding the LED lighting!

• Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

Yep, great news!  WTG... great forward thinking!

• Content Count:  6,472
  • Days Won:  35

I will be contacting that management company at the Bank of America building where I work to see if they would be willing to leave on the lights in the building so that it spells out "USF". Not sure that they will, but I will try.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  815

so that's why the building was totally dark when I drove by down town last week....it seriusly makes the whole skyline look so dark!

also...I just got a media guide and the front cover's nice but I wish they'd  had a picture of the skyline with the ST building green for the WVU game instead of just the "normal" skyline

Archived