• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Grothe gets Big East Offensive Player of the Week honors

KB

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,696
  • Days Won:  2

Greg's blog.

• Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

well deserved.  Defense and special teams let us down this week and allowed the OT to occur.  Grothe and the O saved the day.

• Content Count:  720
  • Days Won:  0

Way to go Matt!!  But in reality that wasn't that hard of an accomplishment this past week.....lol

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

well deserved.  Defense and special teams let us down this week and allowed the OT to occur.  Grothe and the O saved the day.

Defense let us down?!?

Our Defense played lights out.  Special teams let us down.  The defense never allowed a long drive.  Both of UCF's touchdowns came off of short fields, 1 from Grothe's error the other from poor Special teams play.  The other touchdown was on special teams.

I don't know what you watched, but the Defense held it's own.

As far as I'm concerned it was more Grothe's fault for his poor throw with under 3 mins to go in the game that caused the OT.  He should have taken the sack and let time run off.

• Content Count:  1,911

I dont think you can put the second TD on Grothe.

• Content Count:  919

It was the coaches, not the players, who "let us down" this week (to use your words).  That game was over if USF just kept running the ball.  To even call a pass in that situation is ridiculous.  I put that on the coaches, not even Grothe. 

Momentum is a huge factor in college football, and by making that call and throwing the INT, it all swung to UCF.  Everything that happened in the last 4 mins of regulation was because of the momentum swing, and not indicative of the whole game.  The coaches simply didn't know how to milk the clock and preserve the win, and put the team in a situation that it never should have been in.

• Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

Defense let us down?!?

Our Defense played lights out.  Special teams let us down.  The defense never allowed a long drive.  Both of UCF's touchdowns came off of short fields, 1 from Grothe's error the other from poor Special teams play.  The other touchdown was on special teams.

As far as I'm concerned it was more Grothe's fault for his poor throw with under 3 mins to go in the game that caused the OT.  He should have taken the sack and let time run off.

Coaching and D allowed this to go to OT.  THe offense was on the field the majority of the game.  We outplayed them by 300 yards on Offense.  Huge differential.

Yes, Matt through an Int.  SHould have been a running play and punt (coaches mistake - too arrogant I guess).

But the D then needed to hold them.  ANd they did not and allowed for two touchdowns.  That is the D's fault.

• Content Count:  3,403

Defense let us down?!?

Coaching and D allowed this to go to OT.  THe offense was on the field the majority of the game.  We outplayed them by 300 yards on Offense.  Huge differential.

Yes, Matt through an Int.  SHould have been a running play and punt (coaches mistake - too arrogant I guess).

But the D then needed to hold them.  ANd they did not and allowed for two touchdowns.  That is the D's fault.

Yep.  Short field or not, the D needs to keep them from scoring in 29 seconds.  We had plenty of time left to drive the field after UCF scored.  They didn't need the time we could have ran off the clock.  I have no problem passing if you try dump offs, but you have to make sure the guy is open first...we needed 1 or 2 first downs.

• Content Count:  33

It was the coaches, not the players, who "let us down" this week (to use your words).  That game was over if USF just kept running the ball.  To even call a pass in that situation is ridiculous.  I put that on the coaches, not even Grothe. 

Momentum is a huge factor in college football, and by making that call and throwing the INT, it all swung to UCF.   Everything that happened in the last 4 mins of regulation was because of the momentum swing, and not indicative of the whole game.  The coaches simply didn't know how to milk the clock and preserve the win, and put the team in a situation that it never should have been in.

It was definitely a mistake by Grothe to throw the ball and get that intereception which let to UCF's rally. I just thank GAWD they won it. I HATE UCF.

I knew that even though USF was up by two TD's, UCF was not going to give up and so USF should've have to kept on the offensive. ATTACK ATTACK ATTACK!!!

It pisses me off when the O-coords starts calling these conservative running plays and then the offense goes 3 and out, 3 and out. Then, the D-coord runs the prevent you from winning "Prevent defense" and then the opponent starts to rally. I remember a few years back when the Bucs played the Colts on MNF and they were up by like 31 points or something. There was still about a whole quarter left in the game and the fans started leaving because it looked like the game was out of reach. Well, the coaches started calling these idiot conservative running plays and prevent defenses. As expected, the Colts started marching down the field, rallied, gained momentum, and won the game. To me, that game led to the downfall of their season after they had just won the SB. They never recovered after that game laid an egg.

Like they always say, "it ain't over until it's over" so they've got to make sure to put the game away, and KEEP ATTACKING!

• Content Count:  919

Momentum is a huge factor in college football, and by making that call and throwing the INT, it all swung to UCF.   Everything that happened in the last 4 mins of regulation was because of the momentum swing, and not indicative of the whole game.  The coaches simply didn't know how to milk the clock and preserve the win, and put the team in a situation that it never should have been in.

It was definitely a mistake by Grothe to throw the ball and get that intereception which let to UCF's rally. I just thank GAWD they won it. I HATE UCF.

I knew that even though USF was up by two TD's, UCF was not going to give up and so USF should've have to kept on the offensive. ATTACK ATTACK ATTACK!!!

It pisses me off when the O-coords starts calling these conservative running plays and then the offense goes 3 and out, 3 and out. Then, the D-coord runs the prevent you from winning "Prevent defense" and then the opponent starts to rally. I remember a few years back when the Bucs played the Colts on MNF and they were up by like 31 points or something. There was still about a whole quarter left in the game and the fans started leaving because it looked like the game was out of reach. Well, the coaches started calling these idiot conservative running plays and prevent defenses. As expected, the Colts started marching down the field, rallied, gained momentum, and won the game. To me, that game led to the downfall of their season after they had just won the SB. They never recovered after that game laid an egg.

Like they always say, "it ain't over until it's over" so they've got to make sure to put the game away, and KEEP ATTACKING!

Wrong.

There is a time to attack, and a time to play smart.  The only way UCF gets back in that game was by giving them momentum and a short field to work with.  Their offense had done NOTHING for 56 minutes.  USF had already run the ball for a first down on the drive that ended in the INT.  UCF knew it was coming and hadn't stopped the run yet.  So, keep pounding it and run the clock.  If they stop you, so what.  Punt the ball out of bounds - away from Burnett, the only real UCF threat.  They would have less than 2 mins left, and need to go 70 yards with zero timeouts when, again, they had done NOTHING on O all night.

Archived