• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Students and Young Alums: Lesson Learned?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  6,472
  • Days Won:  35

I post this after my poor experience at UCiF. It was not as bad as some, but it was a little bit out of hand. I do not see why every 10th Gnat fan we encountered felt the need to get in our face, shoot us the bird, hit us in the face with those gay flags, and spew out hatred. I understand some verbal jabbing and boos are to be expected, but their behavior was classless and tasteless.

With that said, I would hope that our students and young alumni would realize just how classless those types of actions are, and do everything in your power to make sure that visiting fans do not leave with the same impression of USF. UCiFers may be classless beasts who cannot control their behavior when they drink, but we can and must strive to rise above such sophomoric BS. I am not saying you shouldn't boo opposing fans or their team (that is apart of the homefield advantage), but vulgarity and any sort of physical intimidation are completely uncalled for.

If you see another USF "fan" behaving in a repugnant manner, please correct their behavior. Usually a "Dude, chill out" or "Watch your language" will suffice. As an example, my wife witnessed a few USF students talking a lot of crap and getting into the face of a few UCiF fans in the stadium, while I was in the restroom. She pointed out to the USF "fans" how rude they were behaving and, you know what, they stopped. The UCiF fans thanked her and appreciated seeing a fellow USF fan calling them out.

We aren't talking about throwing opposing fans a tea party, but "Stay Classy Tampa."

RonBurgundy.gif

• Content Count:  571
  • Days Won:  0

alcohol is one hell of a drug.

• Content Count:  2,307

As a graduate of 07, I approve this message.

• Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

I appreciate my experience at Auburn that much more after being in Orlando this past weekend. What an angry, vitriolic group of fans.

• Content Count:  1,260

The alcohol flowing from the tap at RayJay on a Friday night primetime game guarantees that the dregs of our own fan base will be sufficiently inebriated and out in full force.

• Content Count:  1,981

I think alcohol shouldn't be a reason to act like idiots. Auburn fans had plenty of booze too. Actually, last year this group of Auburn fans stopped by our tailgate with a big bottle of Cuervo, and shared the bottle with us till it was gone. That made the trip even more memorable. That there made me realized that is more fun when you are not being a dickhead to other fans. I think I'm going to do the same and maybe buy a couple of bottles...

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

I think alcohol shouldn't be a reason to act like idiots. Auburn fans had plenty of booze too. Actually, last year this group of Auburn fans stopped by our tailgate with a big bottle of Cuervo, and shared the bottle with us till it was gone. That made the trip even more memorable. That there made me realized that is more fun when you are not being a dickhead to other fans. I think I'm going to do the same and maybe buy a couple of bottles...

Oddly enough, after the Rutgers debacle last year a group of Alums grilled my buddy and I sausages and burgers and drank a ton of beer with us.  When we missed the last train they drove us back to the hotel 35 minutes away in their RV.  The Rutgers folk were awesome.

Note: these were alums not students.  I saw a group of their students corner rocky and push him when he wandered under their stands.  Their students were as retarded as some of ours, but much classier than UCiF.

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

I will be vigilant in my immediate area in the mall/stadium lot next weekend, but then again that's nothing new for me.  Visiting fans deserve nothing but respect seeing as they are bringing $$$ into the local economy and are here for nothing more than to support their team.

• Content Count:  765

I doubt if the UCF fans are quite like that to everyone, but it would be a lot better to be veiwed like the classy fans from Auburn.    Some of the other schools around here could learn from Auburn as well.  (Leapin' Lizzards)

• Content Count:  993

alcohol and youth are no excuse.  i tailgate with 20 something 20 somethings and we've all drank too much at some point yet never had a confrontation.  you either have class or you don't.

Archived