• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Playing UCF in the future

USFan

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,574
  • Days Won:  0

I really don't see us playing them again until they get invited to a BCS conference or if CUSA becomes a BCS conference.

If we lose to them now... you can clearly see what happens when you lose to a non-BCS conference school (i.e. WVU).  We can't afford that when we're still trying to establish ourselves as a Top 25 program.

I agree with JL and the rest of the athletic apartment for not wanting this series to continue.  Yesterday was a fun game and I hope it continues in the future, but not now. 

High risk with no reward.

• Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

I live 30 minutes from their stadium, and I think even if we do play them again, I will never go to another game there. We'll see if the bad taste wears off over the next few years, but other than coming out with a win, it wasn't an enjoyable experience for me.

I wanted to move to the USF section at half time so bad, but I didn't want my friends to think I couldn't handle the situation with it being tied at the half. Didn't want to appear to be running away.

Guest nybullsfan

There's been a lot of USF-UCF smack, and a lot of comments like "we'll play them again when they're in a BCS conference", and a lot of us USF folks saying "this is NOT a rivalry"

I think it IS a rivalry, and a good one (especially since it's a 4-year sweep - just ask Auburn fans about the last few years against Alabama!). Anything that can generate the kind of hate, smack, and board traffic this series did just HAS to be called a rivalry.

HOWEVER, it does us absolutely NO good to continue it now, because we have everything to lose and nothing to win, while they have nothing to lose and everything to win.

BUT, if UCF ever manages to get into the Top 25 and stay there we should restart the series, regardless of what conference they're in at the time. I mean, really, who would you rather beat this year, the midmajors BYU and ECU, or the BCS'ers Northwestern and Duke? It's not about the BCS conferences per se, it's about the rankings

At that point it would actually HELP us when we beat UCF, and it wouldn't be the end of the world if we lost. If UCF ever manages to get consistently ranked (like Auburn or Kansas), let's put 'em back on the schedule.

Not that they're likely to be ranked anytime soon, but once they are, let's play them. Until then, they should just shut up, stop whining, and focus on their own program. Their destiny is in their own hands now.

I wish UCF the best over the rest of the season, and in the years ahead. Looking forward to the UCF-ECU game on November 2 especially.

Call us when you get ranked, OK?  TTFN!

• Content Count:  771

Lord willing, it will be our season opener.

Go Bulls.

• Content Count:  12,550
  • Days Won:  25

Your grandson will be the starting QB!

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

Their fans were no better this year than the past 3.  I hope to God that we never have to go back there.

Horrible experience.

• Content Count:  2,661

I agree with JL and the rest of the athletic apartment for not wanting this series to continue.  Yesterday was a fun game and I hope it continues in the future, but not now. High risk with no reward.

The "this game is beneath us" argument doesn't make sense in light of some of the other games we've booked. We'll still travel to FAU and FIU, not to mention Western Kentucky and Ball State.

I think it's just coachspeak for the real reason, which is "we don't want to schedule UCF football because they're the biggest bunch of asshats we've ever had to deal with."

• Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

I agree with JL and the rest of the athletic apartment for not wanting this series to continue.  Yesterday was a fun game and I hope it continues in the future, but not now. High risk with no reward.

The "this game is beneath us" argument doesn't make sense in light of some of the other games we've booked. We'll still travel to FAU and FIU, not to mention Western Kentucky and Ball State.

I think it's just coachspeak for the real reason, which is "we don't want to schedule UCF football because they're the biggest bunch of asshats we've ever had to deal with."

Ok, for the FAU, and FIU argument.  These are not hyped up as big rivalry games, and are not played every year.  Same with WKU and Ball State.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  22,860
  • Days Won:  109

I think playing UCF is better than playing Stony Brook.  Yep, they are on next year's schedule.  Had to google them to make sure they weren't in the same league as Miriam Morris Day School.

Archived